Chemist II - Coppell, Texas - Global Operations job in Coppell
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals|
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Chemist II , you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. |
• Accurately complete all data entry requirements for methods or tasks performed, reviewing data for completeness and accuracy.
• Prepare solutions and standards per Procedures, Analytical Procedures and/or SOPs, with appropriate documentation.
• Clean and maintain the general laboratory facilities and notify appropriate maintenance personnel as needed.
• Develop and maintain any forms needed for sample analysis of laboratory procedures.
• Additional duties may include quality control review of data tables, and validation and reports.
• Write or contribute to the review of written SOPs in the laboratory.
• Understand and comply with all safety procedures applicable to the type of work performed.
• Work with all laboratory personnel to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Work with the QA leadership team to address and correct issues arising from quality assurance, compliance or safety audits
• May fulfill other jobs/responsibilities as directed by management consistent with skill level and training.
• Bachelor or Associates Degree, preferably in the chemical or biological sciences.
• At least 5 - 7 years of experience as a Chemist
• Must be able to perform all routine laboratory functions necessary for sample preparations.
• Must be able to legibly and accurately complete all forms and/or notebooks.
• Must be adequately trained in Good Laboratory Practice (GLP and GMP) standards. This is a must have.
• Must be able to attain proficiency in using ZS Pharma analytical applications required for the completion of assigned tasks.
• Must be able to work at a lab bench or hood and perform the necessary procedures required for sample preparations and clean-up using the current prescribed or validated methodologies.
- Should have experience with HPLC and FTIR. Any experience with IC, XRD, XRF is a big plus
These procedures may include but are not limited to:
o Repetitive, accurate and precise using hand held or automated equipment
o Retrieving and dispensing solvents.
o Disposal of solvents and chemicals into waste containers.
o Retrieving laboratory supplies from stockroom shelves
o Performing laboratory clean-up procedures required for the maintenance of a clean and safe working environment
o This position requires working in a dynamic laboratory environment and coordinating your activities with the activities of other laboratory personnel.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.