Patient Access Advocate - Customer Service job in Gaithersburg
|Employer:|| Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp®|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Overview |
A career at Covance provides our employees the unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and difference in our patient's lives. Joining Covance will offer a rewarding career, a chance to work in an energetic & team oriented work place, and access to competitive benefits. As an employee your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner.
We are currently hiring Patient Access Advocates for our Gaithersburg, MD offices.
The Patient Access Advocate is responsible for helping patients and providers understand and navigating the complexities that prevent them from accessing the therapies they need. You will also serve as a primary contact for representatives and stakeholders from pharmaceutical companies involved in monitoring and understanding insurance coverage trends and policies. The Patient Access Advocate will own issues from start to finish by providing case management and reimbursement support to programs within Covance. After comprehensive training, you will respond to requests from patients and healthcare partners and build ongoing relationships ensuring that once a patient is on therapy they remain adherent.
This is your opportunity to have an exciting career while making a difference in people's lives.
- Proactively build trusting relationships with patients, providers, or other stakeholders ensuring their best interests are met.
- Act as a patient advocate ensuring all existing barriers impeding a needed therapy are identified and necessary steps are taken to remove them.
- Manage and respond to incoming calls and determine how best to meet the needs of the customer.
- Provide oversight and guidance on the transfer of prescriptions based on their degrees of urgency to specialty pharmacies as appropriate.
- Assist with the training of new Patient Access Advocates. Education/Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A Bachelor's degree or evidence of continual work towards a degree strongly preferred. Experience
- Two or more years of customer service, volunteering, or other customer facing experience is preferred with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Without a degree four or more years of healthcare or customer service work experience is preferred with a High School Diploma or GED.