Research Asst II BioA job in Indianapolis
|Employer:|| Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp®|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Overview |
Covance is currently seeking a Research Assistant II for the BioA Group in Indianapolis, IN.
This position will be responsible for:
- Organizes and conducts routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Sets up, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Performs quality control review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of problems.
- Contributes towards a cohesive team environment.
- Assists in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Trains and assists less experienced staff.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in client visits as needed.
- Evaluates data for report preparation and experiment modification as directed.
- Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Assists in writing text for reports, methods or protocols.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Education/Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Relevant Bioanalytical experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel). Experience
- 1- 2 years related or relevant laboratory experience required with a BS/BA degree
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment (e.g., balances, pipettes, centrifuges).
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Independently conduct tests for chemistry projects and provide initial analysis of results, asking questions as needed.
- Acts as a technical resource for the department (trouble shooting, method development, qualification, maintenance and training) with guidance as needed.
- Maintains and operates laboratory equipment, including independent problem identification and resolution.
- Evaluates data for incorporation into written reports.
- Completes project assignments on time with supervision.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of study types, analysis procedures and methodology.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.