Senior Reliability Engineer - Frederick , MD job in Frederick
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
Reliability Engineer |
The Reliability Engineer will effectively coordinate and execute continuous reliability improvement of equipment and utilities at the site. The primary role of the RE is to improve asset reliability through the elimination of repetitive failures, technical support of the facilities and maintenance functions, and effectively managing the Asset Life Cycle process.
• Create and maintain frequent (monthly) review of site maintenance metrics to assess maintenance effectiveness and efficiency together with site Facilities and Engineering functions.
• Drive enhancement based on KPI's and develop adequate measures for continuous improvement.
• Investigate equipment failures by utilizing RCA tools such as 5-Why and Why-Tree templates and drive corrective actions.
• Attend extensive off-site training on use of PdM equipment and how to analyze results. Training curriculum and providers will be ISO recognized or equivalent training will be approved or provided by above-site Reliability Engineering.
• Train and mentor maintenance and reliability technicians on precision maintenance fundamentals.
• Perform precision alignment of belts and shafts utilizing precision alignment tools, while educating and training maintenance teammates on alignment techniques
• Manage and optimize preventive and predictive maintenance programs including systematically defining, developing, monitoring, and refining the process.
• Manage and optimize the Asset Life Cycle Management process in alignment with above-site processes and procedures.
• Present information to management as it relates to reliability initiatives.
• Maintain the integrity and security of an array of sensitive and technical tools.
• Communicate effectively with management to adequately address findings in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate ability to understand and perform simple frequency analysis. (Identify frequencies of known components and harmonics)
• Training and certification (as appropriate) in the operation of thermographic (infra-red) cameras and equipment, vibration analysis equipment, and ultrasonic equipment preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
• ANSI accredited Vibration Analysis and Infrared certification.
• Understanding of relational database structures (SQL) and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
• Demonstrated ability to visually identify electrical and mechanical components as they relate to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Hands-on approach to reliability engineering and troubleshooting.
• Minimum of 5 years industrial experience, preferably in an engineering position
• Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
• SAP or similar CMMS system knowledge.
• Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
• Level II Vibration Analyst, Level 1 IR Analyst
• 5 Years Reliability Engineering Experience in manufacturing environment