Packing Engineer job in Gaithersburg
|Employer:|| AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals|
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Packaging Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD , you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.|
The GTO (Global Technical Operations) Packaging Engineer is responsible for the Design & Development, Technology Transfer, commercial launch support and Lifecycle Management of Secondary Packaging and Tertiary Packaging systems for AstraZeneca Biologic products.
The position of Packaging Engineer will lead, develop and coordinate packaging engineering activities at both internal and external contract manufacturing sites. The position is responsible for developing and implementing new packaging systems for parenteral products, vials and combination products (Auto-Injectors and Prefilled Syringes) as well as lifecycle management and optimization of existing commercial packages.
Essential Job Functions:
• Packaging Engineer within operations:
• Lead the development and qualification of secondary and tertiary packaging systems.
• Team leader on cross-functional project teams responsible for developing and commercializing package systems.
• Design, execute and document activities to qualify & validate packaging systems.
• Write specifications for packaging components.
• Generate pallet patterns.
• Design and coordinate simulated distribution studies to ensure product quality throughout the supply chain.
• Coordinate artwork/labeling development and approval.
• Work with and travel to internal and contract manufacturing sites to scale up and Technology Transfer package systems.
o Provide technical support for any packaging equipment acquisition and development activities.
o Coordinate technical personnel as needed to investigate, specify, improve and qualify packaging equipment.
• Subject Matter Expert to other package engineers and departments.
• Demonstrated performance providing clarity and creating organized project plans in a fast-paced, highly-visible work environment.
• Lead and coordinate vendor interaction supporting material supply reliability and component quality
• Investigate packaging issues, determine root cause and CAPAs.
Success in these areas will require an ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services and the ability to project cross-functional influence.
The Packaging Engineer is expected to meet the following qualifications:
• Experience working in packaging development and commercialization.
• Strong knowledge of packaging materials.
• Experience commercializing biological/pharmaceutical/medical device products preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• The ability to work effectively in cross functional teams and effectively influence team members.
• Establish effective relationships with stakeholders.
• Think creatively and constructively solve problems. Excellent communication skills.
• Self-directed and able to contribute individually and as a member of a team.
• Excellent time/project management, planning and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work in a complex, dynamic, global environment and willingness to travel when necessary.
• Innovative problem-solving skills.
5+ years BS or MS Degree in Engineering (Packaging Engineering preferred)
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised