Executive Administrative Assistant - R&D Legal- IP (Cambridge, MA) job in Cambridge
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
JOB PURPOSE: |
Executive Administrative Assistant will provide high-level administrative and project management support to the Global Head, R&D Intellectual Property (R&D IP) Unit at Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research (NIBR).
This exciting new R&D IP Unit combines the expertise of patent attorneys who work on protecting Novartis's intellectual property for product candidates starting in early stage research all the way to market launch. You will work alongside some of the brightest scientific minds, in a collegial environment.
This position handles all administrative matters in order to allow the Global Head, R&D IP Unit to focus efforts towards the optimum management of the new R&D IP Unit: This is an exciting role for an experienced executive assistant who enjoys being the right-hand person for a dynamic leader. You will collaborate with the Global head to support the building and shaping of the culture within this newly formed team. The chosen candidate must be a self-starter, have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to effectively multitask and handle a variety of sensitive matters in a professional manner with tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgment.
• Complex Calendar management for the Global Head, R&D IP Unit and at least two other R&D IP Unit Functional Heads;
• Planning and scheduling domestic and international travel/meetings including local and global meetings for the entire global R&D IP Unit team;
• Preparing and submitting expense reports for the Global Head, R&D IP Unit, and at least two other R&D IP Unit Functional Heads;
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations and Excel documents for the Global Head of R&D IP Unit and at least two other R&D IP Unit Functional Heads;
• Liaising with our Communications teams to help increase awareness and engagement within the R&D IP Unit. You will help shape the department communication strategy by executing on local and global events, maintaining the team intranet site, implementing a team newsletter that represents major happenings across the global team, and implementing other activities that increase the exposure of the R&D IP Unit to its global clients and major stakeholders;
• Developing a strong working relationship with R&D IP Unit team of global administrators to effectively implement strategies within this team of administrators. May provide direction/coordination of workflow to other administrators on this team.
• Receiving and managing incoming communications, responding to routine requests;
• Receiving and referring visitors and telephone calls, answering routine questions;
• Arranging for maintenance, organization, and repair of equipment and supplies used by the R&D IP Unit team;
• Organizing the schedules of job candidates interviewing for positions in the R&D IP Unit;
• Preparing and attending meetings, including taking meeting minutes, distributing them in a timely manner, and keeping action items updated;, and
• Occasionally covering for other administrators.* Locals only please, no relocation provided *
Associate degree is required, Bachelor degree is a plus.
5 years of related experience as an administrative professional supporting executive level management.
Knowledge of Legal & Patents matters is a plus.
Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information.
Advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint are required.
Individual must be a Notary Public or agree to become a Notary Public.
Position requires advanced interpersonal skills with all levels both internally & externally.
Self-motivated individual with the ability to think outside the box, take initiative when appropriate, and consistently follow through.