Director, Patient Services Contracting (Pharma Finance) job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting and diversified product pipelines in the industry today; with a key focus on innovative medicines, cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals and eye care. At Novartis, we use science-based innovation to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many patients as possible. |
All of this makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field, with approximately 121,000 diverse, talented, performance-driven associates. We are committed to embracing and leveraging varied backgrounds, cultures, and talents to achieve extraordinary outcomes.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis has a high performing culture where we invest in our people by developing their unique expertise and by providing growth opportunities to continually build their skills. Our Contracting and Analysis team specifically, has a clear focus on value creation and is committed to delivering world-class decision support and relevant insights for the business which help drive and optimize performance.
Oversee the patient services contracting team responsible for the timely and accurate development of service contracts supporting the patient service area.
• Leads the patient service contracting area responsible for the development, analysis and management of patient service contracting agreements.
• Directly leads a team of people, providing development, direction and oversight on a daily basis.
• Collaborates with Patient Service program owners (Pharma and Oncology) to align on implementation of patient support strategies
• Reviews, approves, and signs every contract; ensures department is SOX compliant.
• Leads contract development and approval processes to ensure cross-functional input and alignment
• Prioritizes projects and align resources to ensure the timely execution of contracts
• Coordinates activities across contracting support teams in MMF to eliminate bottlenecks
• Ensures standardized and systematic approaches are implemented to guide contract developmentEDUCATION:
• Bachelor degree is required. Discipline in Finance is preferred.
• MBA a plus.
• 10 years experience from the pharmaceutical industry or a Healthcare firm, with some expertise in contracting, specifically for patient service offerings and/or contract writing
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills and experience in recruiting, managing, training, and motivating a diverse team
• Experience managing complex contracts and anticipating stakeholder needs.
• Experience managing relationships with customers and other departments.
• Experienced at working effectively in a fast paced, cross-functional team atmosphere while maintaining a highly positive working environment.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications including advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
• Leadership and stakeholder management
• Problem solving and decision making
• Analytical thinking, planning, and organizing
• Effective communication /teamwork
• Coaching and identifying process improvement opportunities
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - San Francisco, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") San Francisco