Manager, Operations Support - PSS job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
• Responsible for the achievement of business objectives at assigned accounts/vendors.|
• Oversees, coordinates and supports program interactions including: biopharmaceutical patient services, third party vendor management, day-to-day operational excellence, contact centers, reimbursement distribution channel, performance improvement, and specialty pharmacy operations.
• Provides ongoing support to PSS Program Managers and assigned brand(s):
o Manages and liaises between third party vendors and PSS on day-to-day operational needs.
o Provides oversight of third party suppliers and ensures 100% compliance to all task orders and regulatory, privacy and legal policies with these vendors.
o Leads/ participates in daily/weekly calls as necessary to be operationally up to speed on all projects and issues with third party vendors.
o Manages issues/projects as needed.
o Manages vendor SOP development and maintenance process, Work Instructions (if appropriate), program documents, etc.
o Continuously evaluates and provides suggested improvement to process/patient flow and retention throughout the program process.
o Acts as a consistent liaison, point of contact and facilitator to enable appropriate discussions and projects between PSS Operations, Brands, Vendors, USMM, Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Field, IT, Analytics, and other business partners and departments related to PSS operational activities.
o Supports/manages successful implementation of any new services launched/administered for PSS and/or at third party vendors including planning, designing, managing, building and launching along with ensuring adequate staffing for operational support.
• Works as an integral part of the PSS team- acts as a key point person for resolution of PSS operational issues.
• Gains and maintains an in-depth understanding of assigned PSS Program(s) and is knowledgeable about executing and implementing new initiatives related to that program.
• Maintains a general understanding of all PSS operational functions and provides advisory support in their development of program objectives, tactics and implementation plans.
• Understands key operational and program reports and use to measure business efficiency to manage overall program performance.
• Daily/weekly monitoring and calibration of contracted third party vendors' KPIs and SLAs ensuring they are met and when not, takes appropriate actions to resolve.
• Performs program monitoring aligned with PSS Performance Management resources and guidance to ensure successful execution of responsibilities at third party vendors.
• Coordinates with Program Manager and vendor on the development/enhancement of operational reports to measure business efficiency that manage overall program performance.
• Assists Program Manager in the development of volume forecasts for budget and vendor workload.
• Coordinates with all applicable stakeholders, implement improvements and share best practices within PSS and across business units.
• Coordinates and ensures implementation of program scripts/talking points, forms, letters, SRF, etc.
• Assists in the writing of these when applicable
• Must be eMAP Project Owner Trained - Ensures scripts, forms, letters, etc. are approved by eMAP.
• Provides information sharing for Field PSLs, Alps and Directors on processes, changes, needs and escalated issues.
• Manages program user escalations/resolution process.
• Supports Novartis Ad hoc requests.
• Facilitates reporting requirement for new launches with internal stakeholders and vendors.
• Provides quarterly recommendations in the areas of:
• Process improvement
• Cost efficiencies and/or cost avoidance
• Quality of services provided to Client by external suppliersEducation: Bachelor's Degree required
Language: Fluent in English (oral and written).
•5+ year's background in patient services, market access, DTC or similar preferred (including specialty pharmacy distribution & capabilities, patient care coordination, operational workflows, and managed care knowledge).
•Heavy operational experience (vendor management, program management and project management) strongly preferred.
•Contract/ task order writing and management of the complete contract lifecycle.
•Knowledge of HIPAA and OIG rulings that impact Patient Services.
•Ability to develop, apply and present on required reporting metrics and elements.