Senior Optical Engineer II job in Fort Worth
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The purpose of this position is to conduct a wide variety of engineering work in support of developing Intraocular Delivery Systems and Intraocular Lenses including design and development of new components, products, processes and tooling.
• Leads complex optical metrology system and test method development projects by working with internal teams and/or vendors
• Analyzes manufacturability of critical optical features by conducting complex optical modeling and analysis
• Generates and/or verifies product optical specifications and tolerances
• Coordinates test equipment and test method transfer to various manufacturing sites
• Leads device improvement and support projects for existing metrology systems and products
• Provides technical skills and support by engaging internal and external capabilities, to ensure on-time development and successful product launches for high volume production.
• Successful history of taking products through the entire product development cycle.
• Advanced knowledge of FDA requirements associated with the development of medical devices including Design Control and the technical support required for regulatory submissions.
• Design, Verification, and Validation experience of Injection Molded components and tooling.
• Provide vendor selection and oversight by utilizing excellent organizational skills and ability to plan/prioritize activities.
• Core team and/or sub team representation of optical instrumentation function in IOL projects
• Evaluates novel metrology instruments and leads addition of new capabilities and technologies
• Conducts feasibility analysis and tolerance budgets for manufacturability assessment of IOL products
• Leads tech transfer to manufacturing sites and supports existing metrology systems and products
• Generates and releases product optical specifications• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (HS +10 yrs; Assoc.+6 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 2+ Years of Relevant work Experience
• Experience with leading technical projects from start to finish
• Experience with optical metrology equipment such as aberrometers, interferometers etc.
• Experience with optical design and optical tolerance assessment
• Ability to generate, read and evaluate optical drawings and specifications
• Proficiency with industry standard optical engineering tools: (Zemax, Code V)
• Travel flexibility up to 20% is required
• Experience with manufacturing devices and automation is preferred, but not required
• Candidates with an advanced degree in Optics, Optical Engineering, Physics or a related engineering field will be given preference.
*A Principal Engineer position may be considered for candidates with more experience*
Jobs like this oneVIEW MORE VIEW MORE
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago