Associate Director, Professional Relations -NS job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
The Associate Director, NS Professional Relations is responsible for supporting the building of strong relationships and a strategic plan with medical experts in Neurology, specifically the therapeutic areas of Multiple Sclerosis and Migraine, to position Novartis as leading company that external stakeholders trust and want to partner with for the long term. Internally, the AD of professional relations will work/laisse compliantly across all areas for the sharing of key insights, strategies and plans for all medical expert engagement, in order to be a one coordinated company in the eyes of the customer. The AD of professional relations will be involved in many teams internally to obtain and provide insights, feedback, and support in order for the teams to create resources that are of value to Medical experts and their patients and to minimize duplication of efforts internally. |
• Develop and build relationships with Medical Experts (ME) in Multiple Sclerosis and Migraine.
• Continuous learning of Market dynamics to include, ME expertise, influence, connectivity & competitive relationships/activities.
• Ensure ME concerns/needs are addressed in a timely and thorough manner; and appropriately address ME questions or requests, compliantly referring the ME to the appropriate Novartis associate.
• Accountable for input into the creation, execution, evolution and maintenance of the commercial team's National Medical Expert Engagement Plan for both Multiple Sclerosis and Migraine.
• Maintain and develop resources for Medical Expert Engagement activities such as a repository/database for top 200 MEs or Neuroscience mission/vision slide deck for ME and Senior leadership exchanges.
• Compliantly liaise and communicate with internal stakeholders, including medical and global teams to share insights and significant activities, in order to be one coordinated team in the eyes of the customer.
• Communicate with Field roles in order to understand and create solutions for market or ME challenges.
• Ensure and maintain consistent communication of organizational priorities, commercial brand strategies and mission/vision.
• Participate in brand events and meetings to fully align on strategies, objectives or challenges.
• Coordinate, facilitate, prioritize and align Commercial business needs (Brand teams, Training, Development & other HQ functions) with identified ME to best fit the strategic objective(s) of the organization.
• Ensure all customer engagement activities are performed within Global/Regional Governance Board guidelines (Fair Market Value, Consulting Projects, Invoicing, etc.)
• Oversee compliant submission, processing and execution of project driven consulting to meet identified business needs.
• Participate on Congress Readiness team to align overall Neuroscience strategy
• Co-Lead the planning for ME engagements at Congresses
• Attend Congresses to gather customer insights to drive development of shared priorities, strategies and opportunities.
• Plan and execute VP and PEC member activities at congresses.
• Coordinate key commercial business engagements with all internal Novartis stakeholders at congress meetings to optimize the neuroscience footprint and business.
• Manage administrative responsibilities compliant with all Novartis policies and procedures.
• Ensure alignment to and ownership of NPC policies including the Code of Conduct and all applicable laws and regulations• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Business related discipline). MBA or related Masters Degree preferred.
5+ years experience. Operational marketing experience with focus on product/brand management including customer facing/sales experience; launch experience preferred
• Previous experience in Neuroscience/ MS
• Excellent business/commercial acumen
• Proven ability to understand, track, analyze and leverage customer and marketplace insights into building effective ME strategies and business plans
• Proven ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking to diagnosis business issues and incorporate into development or adjustment of ME plans to achieve business results in a self-directed manner.
• Proven track record of strong execution and results
• Experience in establishing and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and influencers within the market.
• Exceptional use of time management, planning, organizational, selling and negotiation skills.
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hand held device proficiency.
• Previous experience in sales, sales management, or account management preferred
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe