Associate Project Manager, Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Women’s Health (NOW) job in Princeton
|Employer:|| Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp®|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Job Overview |
The field of project management is evolving. Join our growing team and transform the way global project management is delivered .
Therapeutic experience is required in Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Women's Health (NOW).
Oversees and manages regional clinical trials under leadership direction. Responsibilities typically include contributing to the development and management of budgets, timelines and quality guidelines for projects, thereby ensuring that expectations are met while identifying and mitigating risks. The Associate Project Manager also compiles and drives documentation for the project, ensuring the accuracy and quality of regulatory data.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in the cross-unit coordination both internal and external, inclusive of sub-contractors, for projects utilizing one or more Covance Services or sites.
- Assist in the management and tracking of project resource needs and contribute to contingency planning for key resources.
- Assist in the successful design, implementation, tracking and revision of project plans for assigned projects.
- Serve as client primary contact for areas assigned by Project Manager (PM), Senior Project Manager (SPM), or Associate Director (PD).
- Assist in the leadership of the core project team, as directed by PM/SPM/PD to facilitate their ability to lead extended/complete project team including the maintenance of timelines in MS Project, creation of PowerPoint presentations and storyboards and maintenance and escalation of items.
- Contribute to the effective teamwork among project team members within Covance departments and offices.
- Contribute to improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Meet/exceed client satisfaction expectations.
- Assist in ensuring that all staff allocated to assigned projects adheres to professional standards and SOPs.
- Provide performance feedback of team members to respective supervisors.
- Interpret billing guidelines for functional area.
- Follow defined project issue escalation process and Covance's Corrective Action Issue Resolution (CAIR) process.
- Under direction of PM/SPM/PD.
- Under direction of PM/SPM/PD, track project progress against financial milestones using applicable financial systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned clients.
- Contribute and participate in the delivery of presentations for new business, as required.
- Track client project metrics.
- Participate in internal project review meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. Education/Qualifications Required:
- University/college degree (life science preferred), or certification in a related allied health profession(i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
- In lieu of the above requirement, candidates with five (5) or more years of relevant clinical research experience in pharmaceutical, CRO industries or experience in a health care setting will be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including a basic understanding of regulatory requirements in other countries.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process. Preferred:
- Working knowledge of Covance SOPs.
- Experience as a Senior Clinical Research Associate, whether internal or external. Experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant clinical research monitoring experience (including)pre-study, initiation, routine monitoring and closeout visits).
- In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with> five (5) years supervisory experience in a health care setting and four (4) years clinical research experience (including monitoring) in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
- In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with five (5) years of site management and/or study/project coordinator experience will be considered.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago