Clinical Data Manager 2 job in Princeton
|Employer:|| Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp®|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Job Overview |
Clinical Data Manager 2
Remote, Home-Based in the US or Canada
The selected candidate will be responsible for Data Management leadership on global, large and/or multiple projects with responsibility for the development of the project Data Management Plan; data management systems set-up; and data accession, data entry and data review specifications and processes; and oversight of data management activities for the delivery of clinical data according to client quality and integrity specifications, and project timelines and budgets.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a close liaison with project client contacts, core team members, and Project Managers to drive the data management aspects of project delivery.
- Management of clinical data vendors to achieve the productivity, quality, and timeline requirements of projects.
- Serve as the technical leader on all data management aspects for project(s) including start-up, maintenance, and completion activities.
- Develop [Global] Data Management Plans and Quality Management (QM) Plans that will deliver accurate, timely, consistent, and quality clinical data.
- Identify and implement solutions to project data management issues and concerns, including proactive prevention strategies based on metrics and forecasts.
- Serve as the project and client liaison including management and provision of project specific data management status, cycle time, and productivity metrics.
- Coordinate and participate in the development of the clinical data model and/or database design and annotate the CRF (eCFR) according to these specifications.
- Review data acquisition conventions and data review guidelines / diagnostic specifications consistent with the clinical data model, [statistical] analysis plans, and CRF (eCRF) completion / monitoring conventions.
- Coordinate the development and testing of data management system edit / data validation checks (diagnostics) and special listings / procedures used as tools for the data review and discrepancy management activities.
- Advanced planning and risk management for projects (issue escalation, resource management).
- Support recruitment of new data management candidates.
- Interact and collaborate with other project and specialty team members (clinical, programming, statistics, CDM technical support, drug safety, etc.) to support the set-up, maintenance, and closure of the data management aspects of the project to ensure consistent, cohesive data handling and quality.
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate performance of data managers in the location and aide in staff development, career development, interpersonal skills, and achievement of competency standards.
- Support the technical mentoring of data review staff in regional locations and aide in staff development, career development, interpersonal skills, and achievement of competency standards.
- Oversee the technical performance of the data review project staff on achieving client satisfaction through delivery of quality data, on-time and on-budget.
- Maintain technical data management competencies via participation in internal and external training seminars.
- Ensure project staff are trained and adhere to project-specific, global, standardized data management processes.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement and implement solutions on assigned projects.
- Support achievement of project revenue and operating margin for data management activities to agreed targets.
- Develop and maintain strategic client relationships and receive client satisfaction surveys and implement appropriate action plans as necessary.
- Support business development for data management time and cost estimates and prepare and present to potential clients on global data management capabilities.
- Review literature and research technologies / procedures for improving global data management practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience in data management with approximately three (3) years technical supervisory experience to include data management, clinical operations, knowledge of several therapeutic areas.
- Demonstrated skill for technical management of staff exceeding 10 employees.
- Financial management of gross revenues in excess of $500K per year.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge of clinical trial process and data management, clinical operations, biometrics, quality management, and systems applications to support operations.
- Working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the CRO industry with pharmaceutical / biotechnological companies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example teams on project strategies and achievement of department goals, objectives, and initiatives and to encourage team members to seek solutions.
- Demonstrated managerial and interpersonal skills.
- University/college degree (life science, pharmacy or related subject preferred), or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology).
- Additional relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Broad knowledge of drug development process.
- Understanding of global clinical development budgets and relationship to productivity targets.
- Thorough knowledge of effective clinical data management practices.
- Thorough knowledge of time and cost estimate development and pricing strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs, especially as related to data handling and processing.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.