Reliability Engineer job in Elkton
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Our Manufacturing division in Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our Manufacturing division has codified its legacy for over a century . Our Manufacturing division's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Our Manufacturing division, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Reliability Engineer is recognized as a subject matter expert, responsible for providing technical, maintenance, and reliability expertise on equipment assets. The individual in this role is responsible for defining asset, maintenance, and spare parts management for facility, utility, and equipment installations. The individual will ensure assets and maintenance practices are consistent with GMP, Health, Safety, and Environmental regulatory requirements.
The person in this position will be a member of cross-functional teams throughout the asset lifecycle. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and work closely with Operations, Maintenance, Quality, EHS, Supply Chain, and Engineering stakeholders.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops and implements the maintenance and calibration program in the CMMS (SAP and ProCal).
• Initiates & processes maintenance change control for changes in equipment, PM, PdM, and Calibrations in both SAP and ProCal.
• Develops technical procedures and documentation to meet maintenance, reliability, and regulatory requirements.
• Provides constructive feedback during the design, installation, and operation of equipment assets.
• Provides technical expertise and consultation on equipment issues, maintenance, and reliability practices.
• Represents Maintenance/Reliability in assessing change impact and provides support for changes to equipment and utilities.
• Optimizes PM/PdM activity and maintenance strategies to improve maintenance effectiveness and efficiency.
• Drives toward Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), improving cost and equipment availability.
• Analyzes equipment maintenance activity to identify performance trends and risks.
• Supports investigation and determination of root cause for equipment deviations.
• Maintains the area's list of asset criticalities, in order to focus reliability efforts and maintenance priorities.
• High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Military environments
• Associate's Degree in Engineering (mechanical, chemical, or similar discipline) or related scientific field (Chemistry, Physics, Math) and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Military environments
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering (mechanical, chemical, or similar discipline) or related scientific field (Chemistry, Physics, Math) and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Military environments.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a technical, maintenance, or reliability role
• Experience troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, and/or instrumentation issues
• Experience using a CMMS for maintenance work execution
• Ability to read mechanical, electrical, and P&ID drawings
• Reliability certification (e.g. CMRP, CRL, etc.)
• Pharmaceutical experience in an operations, technical, or maintenance role.
• Sterile manufacturing and sterile high speed filling operational and gowning experience in a technical or maintenance role.
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of sterile manufacturing and sterile high speed filling equipment
• Experience and in-depth knowledge using SAP Plant Maintenance as a CMMS
• Working knowledge of Reliability Engineering tool sets (e.g. asset criticality, root cause analysis, failure mode effects analysis)
• Experience implementing maintenance and MRO spare parts strategies for manufacturing equipment or utilities
• Demonstrated experience utilizing Pi for process and asset performance analysis
Your role at our Manufacturing division is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At our Manufacturing division, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Our Manufacturing division is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our Manufacturing division via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Manufacturing division. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Manufacturing division as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement