Specialist Biochemistry Laboratory Technical Support job in West Point
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Specialist, Biochemistry Technical Support position is responsible for providing quality and technical support to a team of Laboratory Managers, Data Analysts and Laboratory Technicians. This individual is responsible for ensuring compliance in the laboratory in accordance with cGMPs, and GLPs, international regulations and Merck guidelines, policies and procedures. The position will also be responsible for the direct technical support of Biochemistry assays. The Specialist must be an advocate for maintaining a safe work environment. The individual in this role will be responsible for meeting technical support needs including schedule adherence and right the first time execution of testing.
The Specialist will support key projects for Laboratory Operations aimed at elevating the compliance, assay robustness, and performance of the laboratories within their responsibility. As the direct technical support in the area, the individual is expected to fully manage all aspects of assigned projects and run the business activities, including but not limited to: decision making, leading laboratory investigations, stakeholder management, issue identification and resolution, understanding of capacity and demand, participates and drives the tier process, as appropriate, and uses this forum to escalate concerns and best practices. Proactively partners with Laboratory Quality Assurance personnel to ensure compliance with regulations, guidelines and procedures. Ensures that all process improvements and capital projects are timely, robust and in alignment with corporate goals.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Degree in life science, science discipline or engineering. Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred OR M.S. degree in life science, biochemistry, scientific discipline or engineering.
Required Experience and Skills**:
• For candidates with a Bachelor's degree, a minimum or 5 years of experience in GMP Manufacturing environment, Pharmaceutical/Biological Quality, Operational, Technical or Regulatory function supporting manufacturing or testing operations or related industry experience in a laboratory, manufacturing, science related or regulated setting.
• For candidates with a Master's degree, a minimum or 3 years of experience in GMP Manufacturing environment, Pharmaceutical/Biological Quality, Operational, Technical or Regulatory function supporting manufacturing or testing operations or related industry experience in a laboratory, manufacturing, science related or regulated setting.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Progressive and demonstrated Quality decision making responsibility.
• Project Management, Change Execution Management and Team Leadership experience in a Quality function.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including flexibility, collaboration and inclusion skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated self-starter with capability to develop innovative solutions to challenges.
• Demonstrated facilitative leadership skills and able to lead teams to deliver results.
• Proven analytical aptitude, critical thinking skills and ability to apply key concepts.
• Speaks with courage and candor.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• In-depth working knowledge and application of GMPs/GLPs.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• Experience in pharmaceutical laboratory operations or related environment.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.