AD, PSS Business Intelligence & Analytics job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
The Associate Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics will drive the business intelligence and reporting strategy for Patient and Specialty Services (PSS), fostering a data driven culture and enabling the organization to hard-wire analytics into decision making. |
She/he will be responsible for defining the vision and strategy for the reporting solution, in addition to identifying how this could be scaled to be best in-class capability within US Pharma and the industry.
She/he will have oversight for reporting, analytics, data exploration and data preparation. This includes leading cross functional data management and analytics teams to conceptualize, build, deliver and roll-out of report-ing/analytics solutions.
She/he will partner directly with each of the Franchise Analytics Directors, to gather requirements for reporting and analytics. This individual will also be responsible for supporting these internal customers with reliable rele-vant reporting and insights to make informed decisions.
She/he will be responsible for maintaining data integrity and transparency to increase confidence across all Franchise teams that rely upon the data. This individual will also be responsible for
She/he will develop standardized support model/processes including development standards and documents across brands that helps the team to simplify process of maintaining automated reports, in addition to scaling solution to include new brands.
She/he will lead team of 5-6 resources onshore and offshore to coordinate efforts.
Major Activities (Describe 8-12 main activities)
Single Point of Contact across PSS Analytics to all stakeholders ensuring release of high quality data
• Understands business priorities/challenges and translates into data performance metrics and reporting solutions for franchise teams
• Deliver insightful and actionable insights and analytics for the PSS teams through the means of automated real-time reports. .
• Drive reporting and performance of patient service field roles (Field reimbursement team and virtual nurse team).
• Identify and define development best practices to balance need for speed to delivery (sandbox environment) and optimal support model (steady state).
• Manage reporting team of 5-6 member onsite and off-shore to ensure delivery of all reports.
• Rapidly problem solves and resolves data and performance issues for Franchise PSS Analytics as needed, working closely with IT, DS&E, Analytics, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Managed Markets, Market Access operations teams
• Collaborate with peer PSS Analytics staff to ensure consistent understanding and communication of common source issues (SP, HUB, 3rd Party Data)
• Own communications to key stakeholders inside the organization as it relates to Franchise PSS dataEducation: Bachelor's Degree in relevant area. MBA or Advanced degree in quantitative subject (e.g., Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Social/Life Sciences) strongly preferred
Language: Fluent in English (oral and written)
• Project management experience required, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, matrix environment
• 3-5 years in business Intelligence and data visualization tools and techniques in Specialty Pharma or related field
• Expertise with building automated reporting solutions delivering real-time insights to business teams with business intelligence platforms such as Tableau or Spotfire.
• Expertise and significant experience with data flat forms (HADOOP ecosystem), ETL tools (Alteryx, Informatica etc.) and data visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire etc.).
• Strong technical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills and ability to translate technical information into business relevant information
• Very good understanding of development frameworks like Software Development Life Cycle and other modern development practices like test-driven, agile etc.
• Strong business knowledge and mindset to provide guidance on how data can be applied to answer business questions
• Travel: less than 15%
• Deep understanding of specialty brand data (i. e. data from HUB services, Specialty Pharmacies, Syndicated vendors, internal data etc.)
• Prior experience in Business roles, both Sales & Marketing highly desirable
• Ability to interface with and influence senior business leaders