Chief Engineer job in San Carlos
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.|
This role is responsible for leading maintenance activities in a compliant and safe manner per site and departmental schedules. Oversees Novartis and contracted resources during the execution of all maintenance activities.
• Technical Leadership of all critical and non-critical assets on site (e.g.: production/utility systems). These systems include air pollution abatement, architectural and structural (GMP/non-GMP), building management (BMS), clean dry air (CDA), chilled water, cooling water, fire and life safety, glycol, HVAC, nitrogen, power, RODI water, steam, WFI water, wastewater treatment, spray drying, filling and others site's assets/systems.
• Provide field and shop floor oversight of preventive (PM) and corrective maintenance (CM) work order execution to ensure safety, compliance, schedule, cost, and technical/industry standard requirements are met.
• Lead emergency maintenance efforts in a manner that prioritizes safety, GMP compliance, industry standard practices, and downtime minimization.
• Ensure compliance with GMP/HSE regulations, Novartis policies, procedures and standards as appropriate for this role. This includes hazardous material and waste regulations/guidelines.
• Support continuous improvement of maintenance and reliability programs by reconciling current site practices with industry best practices and instigating improvement plans. Best practice pro-grams include work planning and control (WPC), equipment reliability (ER), CMMS, early equipment management, spares, 5S, and training.
• Develop and maintain a safe, compliant, technically competent work force by helping to develop and implement training programs, leading hands on training sessions, and evaluating on the job performance.
• Ensure effective and appropriate communication and collaboration between shop floor maintenance and all departments at all levels.
• Champion a Quality Culture and ensure a safe working environment.
• Demonstrate and role model the Novartis values and behaviors.• Bachelor degree in engineering or an equivalent comprising, expertise, training, and experience.
• 10+ years production/utility support experience in a manufacturing environment as plant engineer, mechanical contractor, or maintenance team technician.
• 10+ years in an FDA-regulated industry.
• 10+ years in maintenance/technical/engineering supervision in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations in a manufacturing or construction environment including safe work, confined space, and hot work permits.
• Working knowledge of GMP regulations, deviation management, and change control.
• Working knowledge of plant maintenance management including maintenance planning, reliability engineering, CMMS utilization, and spare parts management.
• Demonstrated leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively as a leader or member of a cross-functional team.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Proficient with common software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP PM and SAP MM
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Los Angeles, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Los Angeles
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston