Oncology Account Manager -Nashville job in Nashville
|Employer:|| Sun Pharma|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Inc. is the fifth largest generic pharmaceutical company in the world, and rapidly building brand presence. We manufacture, market and distribute pharmaceuticals to the nation’s largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores as well as managed care providers. Our goal is to continue to develop and market quality products that bring value to our customers and ultimately the patient. Current manufacturing capabilities allow Sun Pharma to develop products across most therapeutic categories.
At Sun Pharma we believe our people are an invaluable asset. Our culturally diverse workforce is one of our biggest strengths, along with the rich experience they bring across varied skill-sets. We are proud that our global workforce is bound by our common values:
Humility. Integrity. Passion. Innovation
Summary: The Oncology Account Manager (OAM) is responsible and accountable for the achievement of sales goals and/or market share targets in their assigned territory via the development, maintenance, and enhancements of key customer relationships, while adhering to all regulatory/ promotional guidelines. These customers include but not limited to: oncologists, hematologists, radiation oncologists, oncology nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions, oncology patient organizations, hospitals and formulary committees.
• Effectively communicate appropriate technical, therapeutic, disease state, and product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate on-label use (s) of approved product (s) within the territory
• Utilize effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for any/all promoted brand (s) for which you are responsible
• Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology product (s)
• Arrange and coordinate effective promotional programs within all promotional and regulatory guidelines
• Conduct essential field activities including but not limited to lunch-and-learns, customer in-services, and attend tumor boards
• Work as a resource for various oncology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
• Communicate regularly with his/her Team, Area Business Director, Peers, Account Managers, Internal/External Partners and Clients in order to optimize resources and exceed customer expectations
• Comply with all OIG, Pharma, and Corporate Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
• Complete expense reports and other required administrative reports in an accurate and timely fashion
• Attend training programs, conventions, and symposia
• Complete and maintain a territory analysis and business plan. Present to management as needed
• Focus on the end results of the sales process, demonstrating personal accountability, a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve business objectives
• Effectively manage a territory to achieve sales targets and stay within all approved budgets
Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 or more current years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical sales experience
• Minimum of 2 years of Oncology or Specialty Pharmaceutical Experience where key customer relationships are in place for the geography to be covered
• Strong track record of successfully hitting/exceeding sales targets, including demonstrated success of selling in a territory where there was zero/limited impact from a co-promotion or POD selling environment
• Ability to think, plan, and act strategically, while applying tactics to support the strategy
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• In depth product and territory knowledge within the Oncology therapeutic marketplace
• Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings
• Demonstrated ability/positive track record of working cross-functionally to achieve success including but not limited to marketing and strategic business services
• Must be available to work in the evenings and weekends, as required.
• Position will range from 35 to 50% travel
Sun Pharmaceuticals Ind. Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color. Religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Any town, United States
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees as assigned to this job. Nothing herein shall preclude the employer from changing these duties from time to time and assigning comparable duties or other duties commensurate with the experience and background of the incumbent(s).
We provide equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, military or veteran status, generic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries, Inc. (Sun) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Sun employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Sun. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.