About The Department |
In the US, more than 90 million adults and a growing number of children live with the disease of Obesity, yet only 2% of them receive dedicated medical treatment. By joining the Obesity Commercial team, you will have the opportunity to help people with obesity receive the care they deserve. The Novo Nordisk aspiration is to be a driving force in the science of obesity, to deliver an obesity portfolio and solutions that matter, to ensure obesity is widely recognized as a chronic disease and to reduce barriers to treatment. Our team is the company's Obesity Strategy anchor, partnering enterprise-wide to deliver on this aspiration. The team is comprised of both our home office Strategy and Marketing Execution teams and our Field based teams focusing on customer engagements and execution of our strategy. As one of the Novo Nordisk must win battles, developing the obesity market is a rare opportunity backed by Novo Nordisk long term commitment and track record in helping people living with chronic disease achieve greater health outcomes. If you are passionate about being a force for change, not afraid to take risks and challenge the status quo, and are looking to join a highly diverse and collaborative team, we encourage you to apply.
Leads the Obesity Business strategic planning process and coordination of related initiatives. Facilitates leadership alignment, collaboration and organizational effectiveness within Obesity Leadership Team, the Obesity Business Unit, the Business Unit's cross-functional partners within Novo Nordisk Inc. and the global organization. Provides executive support to the Corporate Vice President (CVP) of the Obesity Business Unit and governs and/or coordinates Obesity Business relevant projects and program management within the Business Unit and/or the Enterprise. Projects may include contribution and feedback to global Obesity initiatives, enterprise-wide organizational or business initiatives, Obesity Profit and Loss (P&L) decisions and management, resource prioritization, portfolio and pipeline management. Aligns with company's short-term and long-term planning cycles.
Reports to the CVP of the Obesity Business Unit. Member of the Obesity Leadership Team (OLT). This position interacts with senior leadership and works closely with key stakeholders across Novo Nordisk Inc. as well as with Novo Nordisk A/S. Will guide cross-departmental project managers to ensure consistency and efficiency in how approved initiatives are managed and executed. External relationships include interactions with various vendors and consultants based on the needs of special projects or implementation of new programs. Provide oversight for cross-organizational working groups to ensure alignment.
- Support the CVP of the Obesity Business Unit on key strategic opportunities and initiatives as well as on executive reporting, presentations and communication
- Support continued organizational development and effectiveness of the Obesity Business Unit in collaboration with HR Business Partner and HR Organizational Development team to ensure organizational pull-through
- Establish, report out on and monitor Obesity balance score card and shared goals performance
- Lead the Obesity P&L and Business Unit budget consolidation and management process to ensure full transparency and optimal allocation of allocated funds
- Lead Operating Model initiatives within the Obesity Business Unit and represent Obesity in cross-functional Operating Model initiatives as well as other cross-functional initiatives focusing on strategic planning, organizational development and/or cross-functional collaboration
- Support and/or represent Novo Nordisk Inc. Leadership in global Obesity strategy and Long Term Forecast processes and initiatives
- Lead the annual business planning process informing the cross-functional Obesity Anchor Budget (AB) to ensure anchoring of prioritized Obesity initiatives as well as providing complete overview of all investments impacting the Obesity P&L
- Drive strategic projects supporting the Obesity Business, the Obesity Business Unit operations and it's Leadership team's mandate and aspiration in alignment with company priorities, strategic direction and Novo Nordisk WAY. Ensure internal communications secured as needed for effective initiative alignment, follow-through and execution
- Ensure the generation and maintenance of integrated project plans that reflect the approved balance of scope, time and resources. Guide and coach team to ensure superior project management on all cross-functional and critical initiatives related to Obesity
- Pro-actively assess project opportunities and participate in project development tasks
- Monitor value metrics to inform decisions that maximize returns across enterprise projects and programs. Oversee analysis of multi-faceted, complex issues and guide identification of new solutions, guiding principles, concepts and tools to continuously improve performance
- Support and drive strong prioritization of opportunities, initiatives, programs and projects based on company objectives for Obesity dealing with changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
0-10% overnight travel required.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- A Bachelor's degree required. Master degree in relevant area (e.g. Finance, Economics or Engineering) preferred
- 10+ years of progressive business analysis, strategic planning, finance or related business experience required, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business requirements and operate at both the strategic and tactical level
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute and follow-up in a timely manner, anticipating problems and roadblocks
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Conversant in investment modelling and Return On Investment (ROI)/ Total cost of ownership (TCO) assumptions and calculations
- Demonstrated ability to develop practical solutions to broad, complex issues with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated ability to establish highly effective partnership and stakeholders coalitions, enterprise-wide and with the global organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, collaboration/interpersonal communication skills
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting. Prior top-tier consulting experience preferred
- Proven project and change management experience
- Proven ability to work with senior management and establish highly functional working relationship with Leadership teams
- Proven big picture and long term strategic thinking abilities
- Quantitative analysis skills and working knowledge of IMS Data Sets
- Very strong analytical capabilities and ability to synthesize complex information into user-friendly, persuasive formats and presentations
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58577BR
Job Category: Marketing