AD, Global Customer&Market Insights job in Madison
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Associate Director, Global Customer and Market Insights will serve as the lead strategic insights partner for the global companion animal business. Reporting directly to the Director of the global Market Intelligence and Business Strategy (MIBS) team as part of a market research and data Center of Excellence, this individual will also operate as an extended member of Global Marketing's Companion Animal business unit (CABU) organization. Additionally, this individual will collaborate closely with his/her counterpart, the Associate Director, US Customer and Market Insights and other colleagues in local markets, as appropriate, to ensure alignment of all insights activities.
The Associate Director, Global Customer and Market Insights, will have primary responsibility for developing and executing the market intelligence and data plans to generate customer and market insights across the global business, and will be a partner to Global Marketing in applying those insights to drive strategy given opportunities and challenges of our pipeline and portfolio. Therefore, it will be critical that the individual proactively identify/monitor important industry trends/dynamics and data sources and raise topics for further analysis or exploration. The incumbent will also serve as a global subject matter expert on market research methodologies and secondary data sources and will offer support to local market operations on projects when resources are unavailable.
• Independently execute the portfolio of market research projects within the global MI and data plan with little oversight; ensure that insights are leveraged across the global organization to drive global strategy
• Coordinate with colleagues from across the globe, in addition to the US Customer and Market Insights MIBS colleague, to leverage and apply insights form global studies, and also ensure that research and analysis activities are not unnecessarily duplicated
• Identify opportunities for research and data synergies across markets
• Lead 3rd party market research partner engagement process and distill key insights from portfolio of research projects to deliver strategic implications for Merck Animal Health's global Companion Animal business
• Support R&D efforts and Product Introduction Teams by serving as the expert on pre-launch market research methodologies and opportunities
• On occasion, execute internally-managed market research studies by writing questionnaires or discussion guides, programming surveys using internal tools and producing final reports and analysis with recommendations and next steps
• Collaborate with MIBS Colleagues, Tech Services, R&D, and BD teams to provide input and guidance on cross-functional projects
Data management and analysis
• Serve as the expert on secondary data assets for global CABU, displaying a firm understanding of the applications, advantages and limitations of each data set
• Be able to synthesize and analyze data efficiently in order to draw expedient conclusions and strategic recommendations
• Collaborate in commercial and digital analytics initiatives to support the global CABU business by collaborating with data science experts and IT
• Evaluate new methods for reporting and visualizing data for MAH end-users
• Develop actionable recommendations from analyses that will drive strategic business decision making; Present final results, key business implications, and next steps to leadership
• Proactively uncover new areas of strategic exploration that are relevant to the global companion animal business or adjacent spaces by monitoring industry trends and dynamics
• Support pre and post launch planning, the annual strategic and operating processes, and other ad hoc needs as they arise through data analysis and/or modeling
Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in marketing, market research, or statistics. MBA or Masters strongly preferred
10+ years in Market Research and/or Data Analysis, including a minimum of 5 years managing data-heavy projects at a market research or advertising agency, or an internal market research or analytics department. In-depth knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies and data analysis techniques. Experience managing internal/external clients in a global research/analytics delivery role. Background in Animal Health, Pharma, or Consumer Health is desirable.
Proficiency in synthesizing and analyzing large data sets (both quantitative and qualitative) to uncover insights. Skilled in in Excel and/or statistical software package (ie SAS, SPSS, Python, R, etc). Ability to work with imperfect data and manage information gaps or limitations to draw meaningful conclusions from data.
Must be able to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on written, across all levels of an organization. Comfortable with working with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures. A successful candidate will be able to work independently and to manage changing project timelines and scopes. Track record of engaging, influencing and aligning senior executives and across geographies and cultures. Ability to speak at least one foreign language fluently a plus.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
- Data Scientist - Novartis / GNF Novartis Pharmaceuticals San Diego
- Computational Biologist / Bioinformatics Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge
- Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge