Associate Director Global Vaccine Planning job in West Point
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
We are looking for a Leader with strong skills in Supply Chain Management to grow with the Global Vaccine Planning organization. We are transforming Merck into a World Class Supply Chain organization and this role will play a key role in the end-to-end Global Vaccine Planning Team.
We are fostering a culture of fun, collaboration and innovation and expect the incumbent to exhibit those characteristics.
• Can apply basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of Planning (MRP, ERP), Inventory & Forecast Planning and demand planning
• MMD lead for global product supply, demand optimization, and new product launch support. Proactive management & forward-looking approach, identify & resolve issues before they become "events" and also optimize overall business benefits.
• Lead E2E Product Supply Team. Develop and articulate supply plans and scenarios, with impact on revenue, product cost, inventory, and transfers. Understand production rhythms and plant shop floor.
• Understand, balance & integrate dependent demand across nodes/regions and allocate as appropriate to optimize business benefits (inventory, tax, capacity, P&L, etc).
• Drives Product Inventory Plan performance.
• Partner with Commercial team & Manufacturing strategy team to integrate Regional and Global Brand Strategies into supply plans within the 0-24 mo planning horizon, as appropriate.
• Product Profit Plan and Inventory Plan alignment with Sites. Provide overall strategic guidance including flavor management strategy. Approve targets for end-to-end supply chain through Finished Goods. Develop mitigations when off plan.
• Own supply execution strategies for global source changes including regional allocations, transition timings, to ensure supply, minimize discards, & minimize inventory
• Global Planning and Event Management - responsible for global event management, E2E product information gathering and execution of defined supply allocations for global supply events.
• Follow established planning processes and generate new processes when there is a gap
• Lead/ participate planning projects focused on continuous improvement
• Good communication skills and stakeholder management
• Problem Solving skills and high degree of resilience, collaboration, and leadership
• Assembling and analyzing data, identifying problems and developing recommendations which support supply chain operations and planning
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ownership. Work for the common good.
• Can collaborate and create a positive environment
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering, or related areas of study.
Required Experience and Skills:
• 3 years experience in a supply chain function or equivalent manufacturing execution
• Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency and aptitude to quickly train and work on different technical platforms
• Data Analysis
• Understand Supply Chain concepts - Inventory Management, Production Planning etc
• Willingness to learn and contribute. Must be a great team player
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Prior SAP experience
• Prior experience in planning and scheduling analysis using excel
• Ability to articulate complex issues and scenarios in a clear and concise manner to varied stakeholders
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.