Associate Specialist, Economic Inclusion & Supplier Diversity job in Kenilworth
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare . |
The selected candidate will report into the Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity group within the Global Supplier Management Group. This role will support both tactical and strategic projects while providing recommendations for operational excellence sustainable processes. Internal and external focus is required. This role requires an understanding of procurement and sourcing processes, as well as Supplier Diversity and Economic inclusion. Requires travel ~10-15% Travel.
Roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. Support to Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity team and proactive engagement w/ sourcing category leaders to drive performance toward set goals and targets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, management of pipelines, data reporting and analytics, and tracking of initiatives.
2. Support Tier 2 Program and respond to Tier 2 customer requests
3. Support development and delivery of annual Small Business Subcontracting Plan and responses to external and customer requests and submissions.
4. Manage and Market Supplier Diversity Articles internally and externally
5. Perform EI&SD Data Validation and Reporting
6. Develop and update Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity reports and dashboards
7. Manage internal Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity Sync site and external Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity site
8. Manage Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity events and logistics (pre-conference calls, registrations, booth locations, booth & brochure updates, promotional items, etc.). Attend and participate in workshops, trainings, best practices, etc. as required
9. Complete Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity and Global Diversity & Inclusion corporate surveys and award applications
10. Respond to supplier inquiries
11. Participate on local Council committees/boards as needed
12. Assist in coordination of external and internal Merck hosted Supplier Diversity events
Education Minimum Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience and Skills :
1. 1-2 years in Supplier Diversity and/or relative experience
2. Experience in a pharmaceutical or relative corporate environment
3. Excellent communication, presentation, organization, and problem solving skills
4. Expertise in analyzing data and reporting
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Proficiency with MS Office
7. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
8. Experience and/or exposure to Supplier Diversity Tier 2 reporting
Preferred Experience and Skills:
1. Experience in navigating through highly complex organizations
2. Experience and/or working knowledge of Global Supplier Diversity (US and ex-US)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.