ICS Security Leader job in Austin
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare . |
This position would be responsible for
• Providing cyber-security expertise as a subject matter expert (SME) and creating/maintaining a shop floor security architecture designed to secure the manufacturing operations to both new and current manufacturing environments globally.
• Leading the creation of cyber security architecture guidelines which will govern where ICS systems are placed in a segmented security model. Providing cyber assessment assurance and shaped design options related to cyber security controls while aligning with corporate policies and security best practices.
• Collaborating actively with Business, IT, IT Risk Management and site teams to define shop floor cyber security best practices.
• Implementing state-of-the-art cyber security solutions across the enterprise manufacturing landscape for Human Health, and where applicable, Animal Health manufacturing. Working with IT M&O teams to define and build an associated core support model to ensure achievement of SLA targets.
The ICS Security Leader must work closely with the Business and IT stakeholders to understand needs and make recommendations to improve the security posture on the Digital Shop Floor. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills. Deliver solutions based on identifying business needs and budgets. Demonstrating a customer-focused attitude, ability to engage in multiple teams, coordinating simultaneous projects is critical to success.
Position will require on the average 10% travel globally and will be based in our Austin, Texas IT Hub.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• An engineering degree or comparable engineering/ information technology experience
Required Experience and Skills:
• Demonstrated ability in the creation of IT / OT security policies
• Demonstrated ability in the creation of Network Security organization and service
• Experience leading a global ICS security service in a major corporation
• Creating and presenting security recommendations to Senior Management
• Working with business to architect security solutions to support the business operational risks
• Developing network security reference model for Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
• Network Information Security, Information Security Compliance, Project Management, PCI, Industrial Control Systems (ICS), NIST 800-53, 800-82, 800-8183
• IT Strategy, IT Roadmaps, Enterprise Architecture, IT Governance, Program & Portfolio Management
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to work with all levels of business customers in a highly dynamic environment.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in motivating staff and customers in the achievement of shared objectives.
• High personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
• Ability to integrate diverse initiatives across systems development groups, business and client organizations, and infrastructure areas.
• Experience building technology roadmaps and working with business architects to deliver the proper technical solutions to the business.
• Demonstrated understanding of industrial cyber-security best practices for shop floor systems
• Experience and in-depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application systems development.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• 10+ years' experience in IT/OT cyber-security for critical infrastructure systems
• CISSP or equivalent certification is highly desirable
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.