Sr Specialist, Marketing Data Analytics Oncology job in Upper Gwynedd
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Market Research Senior Specialist will have ownership of several key datasets. This individual will work closely with the rest of the Market Research team and with a broad range of stakeholders to identify key business questions to address with specific datasets. This individual will then design and implement analyses to address those questions. In addition, this individual will have ownership of weekly and monthly reports that are prepared for senior stakeholders, and will identify and articulate key insights from those reports.
Strong understanding of secondary data sets required (minimum of 3 years) in the context of new product launches and multiple customer segments within the specialty arena. Past pharmaceutical commercial roles (sales, marketing, access/reimbursement etc) and/or early indications experience is preferred. Experience in oncology or other specialty therapies is strongly preferred.
This individual is expected to be an exceptional team player who can comfortably interact with and add value to the existing team of multiple market research team members working on KEYTRUDA and who also can comfortably partner with extended oncology team members including pricing and access, sales, marketing, and other market research colleagues responsible for specific indications. The individual should also be able to proactively identify business opportunities for both KEYTRUDA and the Oncology Franchise.
At the same time, the Senior Specialist will have demonstrated consistently strong leadership skills with an ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment with a transformational mindset, cultural awareness,and resiliency to change that enables them to effectively produce results for individual areas of repsonsibility.
• Produce weekly and monthly performance reports for a broad range of stakeholders, including senior staff.
• Take direction from team members on specific business questions to address and work with team members to design the best analyses to answer those questions.
• Identify key business questions from broad range of stakeholders; design and execute analytics to answer those business questions; deliver answers to stakeholders with a clear and action-oriented approach.
• Design and execute new weekly or monthly performance summary reports: Evaluate new datasets, clean datasets (using SQL, R, or other tools when necessary), design repeatable processes to create professional reports for key stakeholders, identify and articulate key trends and takeaways from the performance reports, answer questions from stakeholders about the reports.
• Explore alternative/creative ways of meeting an information need, considering new techniques alongside more traditional approaches to more quickly and efficiently address business requests.
• Complete complex analyses using available secondary data, syndicated reports and databases and integrates findings into primary market research efforts to tell and evolve the "story".
• Proactively communicate and facilitate discussion with Marketing/Commercial Teams to ensure that insights are considered in decision-making and planning; integrates a variety of sources/studies to present strategic options to the extended team; provides consultative guidance to Marketing/Commercial Team(s).
• Collaborate proactively with cross-functional business partners including marketing communications, market access colleagues, commercial team, and the advertising agency to ensure optimal integration for the launch and post-launch activities.
• Assist with analysis to inform the strategic assumptions that are built into brand forecasts and tracking of key performance indicators and benchmarking dashboards.
• Independently manage competing priorities and demands from within a product team/franchise applying best practices and innovative techniques maximize value and actionable output.
• Take full ownership of understanding the business challenge/information needs, considers alternatives, proposes appropriate method/approach, applies best practices, and proactively considers and/or develops new techniques and innovations to meet objectives.
• Work on and lead adhoc franchise wide initiatives and/or projects as needed.