Maintenance Mechanic - Mount Vernon, IN - Global Operations job in Mount Vernon
|Employer:|| AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Sales and Marketing|
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Maintenance Mechanic in Mount Vernon, IN, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing. |
Careers at AstraZeneca within Global Operations. Take a look at our new Operations Campaign page where you will find details of our roles across our UK, US and SE sites. https://lnkd.in/gf9svGh Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world - 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we're focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that's full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for mult i -craft maintenance activities in assigned functional areas to ensure production and/or facility equipment operates efficiently and in compliance with FDA requirement s.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on equipment in the assigned areas including: inspections, calibrations, and scheduled overhauls or improvements.
• Use analytical troubleshooting skills to recognize equipment problems, identify true cause, and recommend/implement solutions th a t prevent pr o blem reoccurrence.
• Perform mechanical and electrical equipment repairs in the assigned area including equipment adjustments and fabrication.
• Troubleshoot and resolve control system and instrumentation issues.
• W o rk with Supervisors, Operators, Engineers, a n d other Mechanics/Technicians to identify and implement opportunities to improve equ i pment/production efficiencies.
• Participate in cros s - functional teams as assigned to support continuous improvement, quality improvements, and equipment installation/modif i cation.
• Provide training/coaching as needed to other mechanics and operators.
• Perform and document work in compliance with SOP's, Safety Health & Environment (SHE) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). To include: work ord e rs, PMs, logbooks, and permits.
• Respond to multiple equipment/production problems and prioritize or change assignments as needed to meet production demands.
• Uses computer systems including, but not limited to, e -mail, CMMS, and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Database.
• Effectively communicates problems and issues to peers and management thru verbal and documented communication.
• E x ecutes work in compliance with GMPs, site policies, work instructions, and SOPs.
• Immediately reports deviations related to products or equipment that could compromise product quality or safety.
• Maintains a safe work environment by following all Health & Safety policies and procedures; immediately reports potential unsafe conditions to supervision.
• Must be able to work as needed during other shifts and weekends when production and/or equipment ma i ntenance coverage is needed.
• Performs other related duties assigned by supervision.
• Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Ethics and supporting Policies and S tandards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Ethics and supporting P o licies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non -compliance.
• Ensures compliance with AZ Corporate Policies and Directives, site Standard Operating Procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practice (cGMPs, GAMP, ITIL, PMI).
• Maintains a safe work environment and performs work in accordance with site SHE policies and procedures.
• Immediately report potential unsafe conditions to managemen t .
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a pharmaceutical production environment or a minimum of eight (8) years' experience as maintenance mechanic in an industrial production environmen t .
• Completion of a state accredited Journeyman or technical school program, or equivalent formal education and field experience, demonstrating commensurate proficiency in at least 2 of the following areas: Mechanical maintenance of production equipment, Utility systems maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation and Controls, Mechanical Fabrication/Machine Shop
• AAS in an Engineering Technology.
• Understanding and operational familiarity with PC/PLC control systems.
• Pharmaceutical / cGMP maintenance training and experienc e .
• Facilities and utilities equipment maintenance experience including:
• HVAC, boilers, air compressors, purified water, and electrical distribution systems.
• Material Handling equipment maintenance experience including: automated cranes, conveyers, sorting systems, and forklift s .
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law