Sr. Category Mgr., Prof. Ed. & Sales, Training & Fleet job in Fort Worth
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Sr Category Manager plans and leads the global category strategy for Fleet, Professional Training and Medical Communication for Alcon. The task is to provide enterprise wide category strategies for the key Categories in Fleet, Medical Communication Professional/Sales Training. The Category Manager will have the responsibility and accountability for the sub-category and corresponding P&L impact. The purpose is to ensure a best-in-class support for all business operations, to realize year-on-year improvements in assurance of supply, service levels, quality, cost, compliance, and innovation in close collaboration with the customers in the business and other supplier/contractor managing entities.|
The position consists of two major types of accountability: 1. Strategic level: Ensure a Global category strategy is in place with the ability to regionalize the strategy when appropriate and aligned to the wider business priorities and objectives across all applicable Alcon business units. Support Sales, Marketing and Operations project teams in the identification, negotiation, evaluation, contracting and supplier relationship management of suppliers in a high-quality, timely and cost-effective manner. Position will also be responsible for implementing key projects and ensuring that all compliance activities are completed.
Strategic Level: Define Global category strategy in alignment with business stakeholders across corresponding Alcon business units. Seek input from and align with other supply side functions and/or local sourcing organizations. Manage the relationship with key stakeholders in the business to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and to ensure the category strategy is aligned and understood. Analyze, identify, evaluate, negotiate, select, contract, develop, and maintain a supply base which meets the line functions' need for timely and quality supply of goods and services for the assigned category. Create full spend transparency (spend baselines, KPIs and metrics). Manage key supplier relationships through appropriate programs (e.g. alliance management, supplier relationship management) to enable innovation continuous improvement and cost containment through mutual accountability and trust. Develop, align and implement innovative cost savings and productivity initiatives for the assigned category to support Procurements and business targets.
Project Level: Ensure support to the project leaders and cross-functional teams in the selection and management of suppliers and service providers on a project to project basis and link these decisions with the overall global category strategies. Lead complex negotiations and support the business with contracting (negotiation and implementation of other agreements) within assigned category in compliance with legal, ethical, and procurement standards and protecting trade secrets and IP. Ensure site procurement personnel are well trained and implementing less complex projects Serve as an escalation point for procurement related topics for the project teams and the suppliers.• University degree or equivalent (e.g. BSc, BA) in a relevant technical/scientific field) or in business.
•Fleet Management experience preferred.
• Preferably business/procurement training (CISCP, Strategic Sourcing, Six Sigma etc.).
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, other major languages are a plus.
• Minimum of 7 years directly related experience.
• Demonstrated people management and time/task management skills.
• Profound knowledge of working with suppliers, third parties and external service providers, ideally in pharmaceutical and medical device industry.
• Proven ability to lead and participate in development projects, track record of successful delivering results within cross-functional teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid presentation capabilities to multi levels within and organization from executive to entry level.
• Excellent negotiation skills and profound knowledge to set up supply & service agreements in close cooperation with internal legal departments.
• Excellent team worker in a multidisciplinary environment with strong focus on internal customers and business partners.
• Demonstrated innovative thinking in supplier development and innovation implementation approaches.
- AS&T Principle Analyst (ASPEX) Novartis Pharmaceuticals Fort Worth
- Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge
- Computational Biologist / Bioinformatics Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge