Manufacturing Supervisor - 3rd shift – CSO job in Sinking Spring
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
BASIC FUNCTION: To supervise the personnel and plan/schedule the utilization of assets for APD East 3rd shift operations to ensure the manufacture of products at an acceptable quality, in a safe environment, in sufficient quantity, and at an acceptable cost. To ensure success, a continuous focus is required to the needs of people, maintaining a safe environment and improving the environment, maintaining regulatory compliance, implementing continuous process improvements and methods improvements, achieving production schedules, and equipment maintenance and utilization. |
1. Direct, assign and schedule work to meet required production levels. React appropriately to unplanned interruptions to the process be they equipment or demand related. Analyze and recommend repairs to equipment in areas(s) of responsibility
2. Provide and promote a climate to encourage communications with employees to respond to personnel issues and concerns. Respond promptly to employee questions/concerns/problems, evidencing a thorough understanding of all personnel policies and procedures that impact the workforce.
3. Train, lead, coach, evaluate, and discipline personnel in accordance with company policies. Evaluate employee performance and determine ratings as well as merit increases within established guidelines
4. Evaluate and make decisions regarding acceptable process conditions as they affect operations and/or product quality within the constraint of the documented process parameters.
5. Recommend changes to equipment and/or operations to promote a climate of continuous improvement within the facility.
6. Assure that operations are performed in compliance with all local, state and federal requirements (regulatory, employment laws, environmental and safety).
7. Interface with suppliers to evaluate products for potential implementation into the process.
8. Identifying and implementing continuous improvements, knowledge and experience in project management, engineering and industrial engineering methods.
9. Administer and approve employee labor and attendance records
10. Personal computer with Microsoft Office applications; Mainframe working knowledge; various assemble operations; simple & advanced measuring equipment; microscopes, etc.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
High School Diploma and 10 year of relevant experience or Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Los Angeles, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Los Angeles
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - San Francisco, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") San Francisco