About the department |
Novo Nordisk's Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both NNI and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare provider, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes.
The position provides analytical insights to support the Value Communication and Contracting Strategy teams in developing an evidence-based value story and pricing strategy. It uses appropriate tools and techniques in order to communicate clinical, health economic, real-world and patient-reported evidence in order to formulate the value story, and applies analytical methods and tools necessary to translate data into clear, actionable insights and recommendations in order to support development and implementation of a world-class pricing strategy.
The position provides analytical insight that supports and executes the pricing and contracting strategy for key Novo Nordisk products. It collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to leverage and implement knowledge of reimbursement, managed care and healthcare policy to develop execution strategies and processes to ensure attainment of market access business objectives. It is responsible for both inline and pipeline/launch products for aligned therapeutic / franchise area(s).
The position reports to Senior Director, Value Communication and Pricing Strategy and interacts frequently in collaboration with internal management and senior level managed markets customer representatives. The position interacts internally with team representatives from Value Communication, Pricing Strategy, Pricing, Contract Operations & Reimbursement (PCOR), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Forecasting, Commercial Effectiveness, Analytics, Brands, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Account Managers, and all others, including global colleagues, on a routine basis.
Ensures strong collaboration across functions to optimize profitable access and provides timely communication of insights to all relevant partners. External relationships may include interactions with managed markets payers, vendors, and consultants.
- Supports the development of list price strategy for inline products and its tactical execution.
- Provides support with pricing and contracting strategy, playbook, and guideline development for all new product launches within responsible therapeutic area, with direct implications for account team planning and implementation. Entails supporting the coordination of market research and development of access and Average Realised Price (ARP) scenarios to ensure launch readiness.
- Provides analytical insights and builds models for contracting strategy development, new product pricing and strategic pricing projects, execution of list and net pricing strategies, and monitoring and evaluation of contract performance across customer segments.
- Participates in initiatives, such as scenario modelling/validation, war gaming, game theory, etc., to build and validate long-term strategies.
- Develops pricing models to be used in the evaluation of list and net pricing recommendations, including in preparation for Pricing Committee and senior management meetings.
- Participates in planned and ad hoc analytical tasks relating to pricing strategy development.
- Supports initiatives to drive innovation in market access strategies, processes, programs, and engagement models.
- Works with Government- and Strategic Pricing to analyze impact of pricing changes on Novo Nordisk financial results, including impact on statutory pricing.
- Supports Pricing & Contracting Strategy colleagues with development and implementation of access strategy through financial modelling for deal evaluation by producing analytical deliverables.
- Assists in development of customer segment valuation.
- Develops scenario planning models to optimize access and guide net price strategy.
- Alignment with Finance, FP&A, and Forecasting on pre-deal modelling, ARP management, and GTN forecast.
- Provides integrated analyses and insights for customers and other business groups, including customer segment- and trend reports, for internal communication purposes and for Finance, sales and Marketing management.
- Develops presentations for senior management regarding contracting and pricing strategies.
- Develops pricing models to be used in the review of list and net pricing recommendations
- Assists with yearly review of current pricing strategies and the process for developing recommendations for next calendar year.
- Contributes to scenario impact models on pricing and profitability within key channels.
- Provides product launch teams with in-depth performance metrics and insights on top Managed Markets accounts.
- Assists with inline and pipeline market research
- Develops and manages implementation of key metrics. Regularly reviews current program progress to accomplish goals.
- Adheres to administrative policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same.
- Contributes to practices that attract and retain the best people.
- 0-10% overnight travel required
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience. MBA or another advanced degree required. Relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in any of the following areas: business insights, analytics, market access strategy, strategic pricing (list/net), national or regional account management, and/or consulting.
- Two (2) years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities required, and demonstrated via a minimum of two (2) years of modelling and analytical experience in an FP&A or strategic pricing role
- Familiarity with pricing and managed markets landscape, including payer dynamics and distribution models.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships, including direct collaboration with vendors and other third parties.
- Ability to perform complex analyses (analytical, quantitative and qualitative) required.
- Attention to detail with an ability and readiness to delve into and resolve data problems.
- Excellent PC skills required. Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint required.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290 . This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58714BR
Job Category: Market Access