About the Department |
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding NNI's short and long-term planning, Finance and Operations works closely with teams across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position is responsible for promoting the utilization of the Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) Procurement Methodology through Category Management and Strategic Sourcing activities. This position will ensure the acquisition of high quality goods/services at the best possible prices by negotiating and monitoring contracts and relationships with selected suppliers. Will be responsible for ensuring that NNI will realize increased investment efficiency of monies spent and ensure fair value and service accountability. Identified opportunities for operational improvements and seeks agreement through consensus management.
Reports to a Director within the NNI Procurement Team and will interact with all NNI Procurement Professionals, current and prospective NNI suppliers and key NNI stakeholders.
- Conduct contract negotiations as a result activity in partnership with line of business and internal contracting team.
- Work with internal team concurrently on a variety of sourcing and contracting initiatives and categories to develop internal requirements, build and evaluate RFP's.
- Category spend coverage areas may include but are not limited to IT, Professional Services and include projects covering Software as a Service, Consulting Services, Hardware, Mobility, Virtual Servers, IT Infrastructure, Telephony and Fleet, Logistics, and Marketing.
- In partnership with LoB, build category strategies and plans based on market trends.
- Conducts internal interviews as part of an opportunity assessment within assigned area to identify and forecast projects and related savings
- Communicates to Line of Business approved suppliers per category
- Builds RFP's and develops supplier selection criteria and facilitate team members through a disciplined strategic sourcing process focused on maximizing total value.
- Negotiates and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure optimal relationship with respect to product selection and delivery performance.
- Conducts spend analysis and relevant analytical tasks to support and justify sourcing direction and related activity
- Seeks out, builds and maintains trusting and collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside of the organization in ways that accomplish key business objectives; and helps others do the same
- Acts as a liaison between the line of business, appropriate internal stakeholders and supplier to ensure business objectives are met
- Assists the Line of Business and/or Enabling Functions with developing business requirements across a specific category/sub-category
- Develops supplier selection criteria and facilitate team members through a disciplined strategic sourcing process focused on maximizing total value
- Establishes, directs and leads cross-functional teams in various sourcing categories to identify, select, negotiate, establish and source preferred supplier contracts, agreements, leases, supplies and services
- Identifies, pursues and maximizes opportunities for realizing cost savings without sacrificing the quality, service and reliability expected of our suppliers
- Interfaces with the Novo Nordisk Corporate Procurement to promote optimal use of procurement systems and ensure NNI's involvement in global sourcing projects and related efforts
- Partners with the Procurement team to establish company-wide procurement systems, tools, processes, policies and procedures to support and lead to informed, fact based sourcing decisions
10-20% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor's degree required in business, finance, Supply Chain or other related area; relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years' of progressively responsible experience in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and/or Purchasing, including at least 3 years' experience sourcing and/or managing non-manufacturing (indirect) spend categories, and/or managing eSourcing events. Previous consulting experience a plus. Pharmaceutical industry experience helpful, but not required.
- Must have experience leading, negotiating and redlining complex contract terms and conditions related to Software as a Service and conditions within IT related contracts including SaaS and IT consulting contracts. Preference for experience with the following IT areas: IT Consulting for large scale multi stage IT implementation projects within an internal governance structure, Software as a Service (SaaS), IT cloud infrastructure (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS), Managed services, hardware, data center (traditional and cloud), maintenance and support arrangements, CRM solutions (Salesforce, Veeva, etc.), Contact Center, Cloud contracting, IT Rate Card negotiating and benchmarking.
- Must be able to create a negotiation plan to mitigate financial and organizational risk to NNI.
- Must have experience gathering requirements and issuing RFP's, analyzing and presenting results and leading overall RFP process with business (ARIBA experience preferred).
- Must have PPT, Word, Outlook and Excel experience required to analyze results, build presentations, create negotiation plans, and identify spend trends and opportunity assessment.
- Must have experience creating corresponding project plan for sourcing events and leading supplier interactions, Q&A events, messaging, liaising internally, etc.
- Preferred experience in life sciences sourcing a wide variety of categories of indirect spend.
- Preferred experience conducting supplier relationship management initiatives, problem resolution and performance management within technology categories.
- Experience building category strategies and executing against category plans in concert with line of business customers. Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and/or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) a plus.
- Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management Tools, Ariba or other eSourcing and contracts management systems.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58691BR
Job Category: Finance