Study Technician-University Relations job in Madison
|Employer:|| Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp®|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Overview |
Did you go into science to make a difference and found that through animal observation, you knew this would be a huge scientific impact?
The Study Technician (Laboratory Technician) for our In-Life, Dose Formulations, and Pathology departments monitor research studies and focuses on animals' health and welfare. You will use your experience in animal observation and your experience working with sample collections. This position is located in Madison, WI or Greenfield, IN.
Job Tasks Include:
- Collection, documentation, and management of pertinent data from animal observations, test material administration and clinical sample collection, tissue collection and process, or test material formulation
- Monitoring of animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act
- Maintaining the facilities in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
- Working in partnership with animal operations team to ensure study quality
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across drug development consider working at Covance as a Study Technician.
T hrive personally and professionally at Covance
At Covance, you will use your education as a base and then continue to grow in our learning-based culture. You will know how to expertly respond and adapt as the healthcare industry continues to evolve.
Our excellent benefits package includes: 21 days of personal time off, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
Why Study Technicians choose to work at Covance
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients and animals
- Partner with and learn from supportive colleagues and industry leaders
- Expand your knowledge with the ability to specialize in specific areas of early drug development.
What we're looking for
Study Technicians are the most successful at Covance with:
- Bachelor degree in life sciences (with laboratory experience - academic is great)
- Associate degree in laboratory animal technology, veterinary technology or histology with at least two years of related experience
- A motivated, hardworking and positive work ethic, and a passion for research
- Willingness to work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with supplementary compensation
Get to know Covance
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world's most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team's impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they've supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
Get ready to make a difference as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and improve lives of countless individuals.
Key Words: animal in-life veterinary Education/Qualifications
Applicants for this role must participate in a university recruitment event at the Indiana University- Bloomington during the fall semester of 2018 and must be a current student with intentions to graduate in December, 2018 or May, 2019.Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology, or Associate Degree in Histology with 0-2 years of related experience. AALAS certification at Laboratory Animal Technician level desirable.Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
H2B Sponsorship not eligible for this position.
No experience is required if you meet the education requirements.0-2 years of related external experience based on education.A minimum of 6 months experience as a Study Tech Trainee while employed at Covance, or a minimum of two years of related experience may be substituted for education requirements