Animal Care Specialist - Animal Technician job in Madison
|Employer:|| Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp®|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Overview |
Covance's Animal Care Specialist/veterinary technician job in Madison, WI will not only look after your immediate needs but also help you with your career goals.
Are you looking for an entry-level job that provides a starting hourly rate of $15.00 AND offers full medical/dental/vision benefits? Are you looking for a general labor position that does not require previous directly related experience? Do you want to continue your education? Covance provides tuition reimbursement.
We want you to succeed so we will provide you with excellent on the job training and mentoring.
We also want you to take time off for yourself, so Covance offers 21 days of paid time off annually. Here are some of the job responsibilities:
- Provide general animal facility maintenance and cleanliness to animals.
- Set up animal housing
- Maintaining and monitoring animal laboratory facilities Some things we would like you to know:
- Animal Care Specialists/veterinary technician work on a rotating shift.
- First shift full-time hours , but the days you work change and include weekends and some holidays.
- This job will keep you active! You can expect to be on your feet walking approx. 5 miles/day.
- The job will require you to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Our employee's health and safety is important to us, mandatory immunizations and screenings are required.
Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your exceptional potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of extraordinary people from across the globe and an energized purpose , you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow's drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients-and your career. Education/Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience working in a cleaning role or working with animals is helpful but not required
- Territory Manager, Dermatology Photodynamic Therapy- Phoenix South Sun Pharma Phoenix
- Regional Sales Manager - Portfolio, Sun Ophthalmics (Memphis District) Sun Pharma Memphis
- Regional Sales Manager - Account Team, Sun Ophthalmics (Southeast) Sun Pharma NC, SC, GA)