Senior Learning Specialist job in West Point
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Senior Learning Specialist supports and facilitates learning and development activities for a defined client base within an operation or function. The role supports Learning Lead and Learning Specialists in the execution of the L&D strategy through consulting and delivery on appropriate learning solutions. S/he interacts with and influences managers and site leaders to understand business goals and performance needs, develops and executes learning plans aligned to the business strategy, and routinely engages with key stakeholders to ensure learning solutions continue to support and positively drive desired outcomes. Success in this role depends on the candidate's ability to collaborate with leaders in the business, MMD Learning, Learning Shared Services, and other Learning Specialists, as well as work cross-functionally to act as a partner and point of contact for the business' performance needs and communicate them to support design and delivery of learning solutions.
• Effectively establish, deepen and sustain key relationships with Site - level business leaders to mid-level managers to understand their business needs and related performance gaps, provide oversight and analysis when defining requirements, and demonstrate an understanding of processes and methodology in order to provide appropriate learning solutions
• Lead collaborative efforts with stakeholders to define desired performance outcomes; provide feedback and coaching on issues related to learning programs and policies
• Identify performance needs and gaps and facilitate delivery of learning solutions to the business, when appropriate.
• Deliver training and/or support local SMEs providing training, as needed
• Monitor, analyze, interpret, and report internal trends; make recommendations for learning solutions, as appropriate
• Remain current on learning and development related tools, techniques, strategies and practices in order to provide relevant, informed consultative advice to clients; share leading learning practices with teams and stakeholders
• Ensure successful learning outcomes by supporting the identification and translation of the client's learning needs into a defined learning strategy and implemented solutions. Report timely feedback on learning effectiveness to the business and communicate suggestions for improvement
• Review interim/unplanned learning activities and requests; make appropriate recommendations
• Manage Learning Specialists. Provide them with opportunities to grow their leadership, professional and technical skills.
• Leadership: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of others; ability to lead by example and foster collaborative relationships
• Influencing: Ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions within and outside the organization
• Interpersonal Relationships: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
• Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner; advanced verbal, written, and presentation abilities; ability to ask thoughtful questions to gain insights, listen, and understand other perspectives
• Coach individuals and teams: Ability to encourage, motivate and guide individuals /teams in learning and effectiveness.
• Provide feedback and manage individual and team performance.
• Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Ability to use a broad range of methods, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions. Ability to make problems visible, proposes viable solutions, and capitalizes on opportunities that occur by chance or by self-creation.
• Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Project planning and management experience, including the ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years), and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the business plan.
• L&D Policies, Standards, and Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to use industry and organization standards, procedures, and policies relevant to training compliance.
• Adult Learning: Theory and Practice: Experience in applying concepts and practices of adult learning to meet the dynamic needs of the business
• Learning Needs Analysis: Experience in assessing competency gaps and identifying what people need to learn for successful individual and organizational performance
• Training Delivery: Ability to effectively deliver or facilitate training in face-to-face and instructor led sessions Education Requirements:
• Required: Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or another technical field
• Preferred: Master's degree in Science, Engineering or another technical field
• Required: Minimum of 6 years of related experience in facilitating / delivering learning solutions
• Preferred: Experience in managing individuals and teams.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.