Strategic Account Manager job in Denver
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
This is responsible for the enterprise level development of relationships within JBS-USA Inc (includes Pilgrim's Pride Corp) and the NCBA. The relationships will be across business units and include the sustainability, animal welfare, quality assurance and sales components. The role objective is to work closely with the JBS-USA Inc. Management to gain in depth understanding of their business allowing Merck Animal Health to identify the potential for value creation and determine actions to capture the value. The role will be responsible for developing a 3 year strategic action plan in conjunction with the USLT for all segments. The role will report directly to the Director of Corporate and Diversified Accounts.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain strong executive relationships within assigned account by working with the customer's management team to determine strategies by which value can be created and shared by both parties.
• Develop and implement a clearly defined 3 year strategic plan supported by all departments of the business from the top down.
• Coordinate all activities in support of the strategic account. This includes communicating in detail and frequently with the USLT, Technical Service Directors, Regional Management, and Account Management regarding needs and activities planned to meet the needs of the strategic account.
• Gather and clearly communicate market intelligence to strategic account team management and USLT.
• As required, develop proposals, negotiate terms and conditions, and implement contractual agreements with accountability for financial results.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews ensuring that value assumptions remain valid and that the relationship is progressing.
• Coordinate activities and align with Global Marketing and Key Account Management as appropriate.
• Coordinate and facilitate activities between the Veterinary and Consumer Affairs Team and JBS-USA Inc.
• Coordinate and facilitate activities between Merck R&D and JBS-USA Inc.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor's Degree in any field
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Five (5) years experience in US food production related fields
• Current experience working with US Food producing accounts
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization
• Demonstrated ability to develop key account relationships
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an accurate key account plan.
• Understanding of financial and business metrics.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Advanced Education in the fields of Food Safety, Meat Science, Sustainability or Business
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.