Strategic Product Leader job in West Point
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Strategic Product Leader is the architect of the Value Chain design and continuous improvement. This position is responsible for influencing and managing the end-to-end design and execution in alignment with Commercial and Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD) Strategies. Product scope includes new and in-line products within specific Customer Business Lines (Diversified Brands, Biologics, Primary Care, Women's Health, Oncology, Immunology, Hospital & Specialty, or Vaccines).
The Value Chain Management work is strategic, spanning the entire life cycle of products, stabilizing the ongoing business through appropriate risk management, and designing the supply chain for the future. This is a highly integrative position, and it requires great leadership skills to create the vision that guides and inspires the team and stakeholders. The role also requires great talent management and team building skills as well as exceptional strength in communications.
This position carries the responsibility for product portfolios that can represent several billion dollars of revenue for our organization.
• Principle partner with Global Human Health and Merck Research Labs on broad, strategic, long-term issues and major event updates
• Leads Value Chain Management Team - a cross functional and cross divisional team including Commercial, Research, Plant Operations, and Technology
• Global end-to-end value chain management in long term time horizon with strategic focus
• Charged with maximizing the brand value and minimizing supply disruption risk in alignment with Merck Vaccines strategic objectives
• Delivers comprehensive global product strategies (Product Master Plan) for each product in assigned portfolio; including life cycle mgmt.
• Represents value chain on long-term strategic cross functional teams (i.e. Research Product Development, Capital Project teams, Global Brand,...)
• Merck Manufacturing Division point of contact for strategic initiatives: Business Development Opportunities, Emerging Markets, Network Strategy
• Leads site selection teams and development of financial supply chain
• Identifies business opportunities to improve the supply risk profile and cost of the assigned portfolios
• Manages resolution of global product disruptions: Develops and implements action plans with appropriate escalation and consistent communication
Education Minimum Requirement:
• BA/BS Required (Engineering, Science, or Supply Chain Management)
• Master's Degree (MBA) Preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in a Pharmaceutical Operations or Technical Support of Pharmaceutical Operations leadership position
• Broad cross functional skills and business/management/operations experience, knowledge of the functions that support the business including: Manufacturing Operations, Finance, Regulatory, Quality, Compliance, Supply Chain and Commercial Operations
• Strategic thinking and ability to assimilate highly complicated and multi-factored inputs into an integrated strategy that clearly links to business objectives
• Demonstrated ability to identify the relevant data and not be distracted by the irrelevant and make timely decisions and influence direction in ambiguous situations
• Horizontal and vertical leadership skills that enable maximizing both the individual contributor and cross-functional team accomplishments. Foundational to this is a strong business acumen, assertiveness, ability to persuade and influence decisions along with driving accountability through measured accomplishments
• Proactive mindset and ability to look outside the assigned role with an eagerness to identify and engage in opportunities to improve value chains and related business processes within the organization
• Cross functional/cross divisional project management with geographically diverse teams driving high impact results and influencing processes along with behaviors
• Demonstrated mindset of viewing new experiences as learning opportunities that strengthen leadership capabilities and the ability to guide others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of "best practices" in Supply Chain Management
• Lean Six Sigma Certification
• International experience
• Multi-sector industry experience
• Vaccines related experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.