Executive Director, Market Access Pipeline and Launch - COE job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
The Executive Director, Market Access Pipeline and Launch - COE will be based in the East Hanover, NJ home office. The ED, MA Pipeline and Launch center of excellence will lead the centralized pipeline and launch function focusing on US market access perspective which is incorporated into forecasts, BD&L (Business, Development and Liscensing) programs across portfolio.|
- Work cross functionally with multiple US functions, Patient Services, New Products, HEOR (Health Economic Outcomes Research), Medical, DRA (Drug Reg Affairs), Medical Account Management, Finance and Global Value & Access teams to create a fully integrated US market access strategy across all major payer segments that results in optimal profitable market access for assigned pipeline agents.
• Focus on defining process, approach to launch readiness across the Franchises, portfolio and managed markets segments both Early Engagement (2.5 years prior to launch) and Pre-Launch Planning (12-18 months ahead)
• Center of Excellence in developing landscape and competitive assessments Strategic focus on evaluating the endpoints and data for label, and post launch. Determine importance for access to create an enhanced value proposition during the development phase for payer engagement at launch
• Collaborate with HEOR and Medical Affairs to influence label, pivotal trends, packaging and formulation.
• In collaboration with local product teams (LPTs), ensure the global clinical development program of assigned pipeline agents are optimized to meet the needs of US payers (i.e. relevant endpoints, sub-populations, evidence of cost offsets, etc.) by infusing US payer perspectives gained through direct customer interaction, leading primary payer research, and analysis of select secondary research.
• Work collaboratively with pricing and contracting group to develop market access and pric-ing strategy for assigned pipeline agents and ensure market access assumptions are accu-rately reflected in New Product forecasts.
• Communicate the payer segment needs with HEOR, Finance, Medical Affairs, Public Policy, Brand, BD&L, and Field teams to shape the development of customer-based strategy.
• Support BD&L analyses of future opportunities and provide market access assumptions for deal evaluations.
• Successfully deliver concise and effective communications to Novartis Senior management to ensure payer perspectives are appropriately represented during all clinical development decision points (from proof of concept until submission).
• Create hub for information on best practices, lessons learned and assessment of market access metrics.
• Phase 4 trials approach should include collaboration with Account Marketing and Account Sales Teams to proactively engage and partner with select payers.
• Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and procedures and ensures those around him/her do the same.
• Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree Required, MBA or Health Policy Degree preferred
• 10+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience (such as markets access, commercial, or drug development).
• In-depth knowledge & understanding of US payer system and reimbursement challenges and opportunities.
• Ability to connect commercial, financial, and clinical perspectives to develop enhanced value proposition messages and strategies.
• Broad critical and strategic thinking skills
• Understanding of commercialization process and reimbursement integration points.
• Project management abilities for solution development.
• Ability to analyze and interpret customer/segment trends.
• Experience in related US Pharma pipeline therapeutic areas (i.e. rheumatology, dermatology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, respiratory, and MS)
• Strong track record of building and leading cross-functional teams.
• Ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence across a matrixed organization
• Demonstrated prioritization, organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to create solutions for complex processes and procedures.
• Strong collaborator with an ability to work cross-functionally to achieve results.
• Strong Market Analysis and Strategy Development.
• Creative ability to appropriately represent and convey value messages
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, including comfort level with senior management presentation.
• Proven self-starter with high standards of excellence and an innovative mindset.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to assess, manage and drive results through vendors.
Travel as required.