Executive Director, Market Access Pricing & Contracting COE job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
The Executive Director, Market Access Pricing and Contracting COE will be based out of the East Hanover home office. The ED will lead centralized pricing and contracting function for new and in-line products focusing on the full commercialization continuum to develop pricing and contracting strategies for optimal patient access and profitability. |
The function will focus on integrating policy & innovation to optimize patient access and US revenue. The ED will champion the development and cross- functional interaction for optimal US Novartis Pharmaceutical Division pricing, contracting portfolio and Franchise strategies for in-line, launch and pipeline products.
• Assess and evaluate macro trends in the healthcare environment that potentially impact current and/or future product pricing, contracting and associated strategies across product portfolio.
• Support the development of market access strategies for in-line and pipeline products by conducting pre-modelling scenarios for market and competitor analyses, stakeholder and payer research.
• Pricing and contracting team will provide a complete pre-deal account analysis to the account teams and MMF at initiation of a negotiation.
• Develop, manage and maintain reimbursement and contracting strategies throughout product lifecycle that align with optimal market performance.
• Develop and execute account value-based pricing analyses, frameworks, and processes to evaluate WAC/NET pricing, payer reimbursement impact and contracting/discounting strategies for current and pipeline products.
• Complete segment-specific financial analyses to evaluate contract risks, opportunities, quantify value of intended actions.
• Analyses to inform organizational understanding of influence of market dynamics, risks, and competitor behaviors and impact of business segments - Commercial, Medicare, Part D, Medicaid, hospitals, Long Term Care, Group Purchasing Organization, Veterans Administration, and Specialty Pharmacy.
• Interface with Health Economic Outcomes Research to develop and recommend account pricing and contracting strategy for launch products including the evaluation of novel contracting approaches (guarantees, adherence initiatives, Outomes-Based Contracts, flex pricing) ensuring the US strategy aligns with global efforts, where appropriate.
• Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and procedures and ensures those around him/her do the same.
• Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Math, Economics or other analytical major; advanced business degree (MBA) preferred.
• 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with 5+ years in a pricing capacity; experience in contract development and negotiation desirable.
• Forward thinker who can adapt and grow with the evolving pricing and contracting landscape.
• Medicare Part B experience preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of access landscape, pricing vehicles and contracting strategies. Across a broad spectrum of channels/organizations (Health Plans, PBMs, Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, Long-Term Care, GPOs, VA / DoD Specialty Pharmacy and State Medicaid).
• Experience working on a Launch Team with focus of pricing and contracting strategies.
• Excellent ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts and analysis.
• Strong financial acumen and ability to effectively forecast account level prices, discounts and sales.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of US healthcare economics and the drivers of pharmaceutical demand, including pricing and reimbursement.
• Proficient in PowerPoint and MS Excel including experience developing financial model.
• Proven leadership ability with demonstrated results through influence management.
• Strong track record of building and leading cross-functional teams.
• Ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence across a matrixed organization.
• Proven track record of creating change across an organization.
• Demonstrated prioritization, organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to create solutions for complex processes and procedures.
• Creative ability to appropriately represent and convey strategic plans.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, including comfort level with senior mgmt. presentations.
• Proven ability to manage multiple high priority projects.
• Strong understanding of the US market access environment.
• Travel as required