Active Directory Expert – IAM Services job in Cambridge
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of this makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.|
The Active Directory / CyberArk Expert is responsible to provide the end-to-end delivery and ensure the security of Active Directory Services, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services and CyberArk Privileged Access Management and related technologies.
The Active Directory Expert is part of a global team that runs and supports the Active Directory environment, a critical and key technology within the Novartis IT portfolio. This position requires the ability to solve complex problems, deliver operational and process improvements, and drive security enhancements to detect and protect from threats
• Provides 3rd level technical expertise for (but not limited to):
o Microsoft Active Directory (and related technologies)
o Azure Active Directory
o Active Directory Federation Services
o CyberArk Privilege Account Management (PAM)
• Identifies and remediates threats, risks and vulnerabilities that may affect and/or impact the secure operation and availability of Active Directory and related services.
•Troubleshoot complex issues, provide technical guidance and acts as a Subject Matter Expert for issue escalation and vendor management
•Collaborates with IAM, Security, Infrastructure, Compliance and Architecture teams to provide stable and secure service as part of Identity and Access Management Services
•Escalates issues / problems to other support organizations as necessary.
•Reviews and ensures compliance of technical operating instruction manuals, system documentation, work instructions, processes, standards and procedures.
•Performs technical analysis of work load, equipment loading, performance bottlenecks, and software changes and makes recommendations for improvements
•Ensure adherence with ISRM Security and Compliance policies and procedures
•Performs related duties as assigned.
•Provide after hours and on-call support as required.
•Successfully delivery of services within agreed SLAs/OLAs
•Drives identification and remediation of risk/gaps/vulnerabilities
•Prevent major business disruptions
•Drives reduction of incidents, work orders and tasks
•Successful simplification of operation processes
•Quality of service provided / Customer satisfaction & feedback
• Azure Active Directory
• Active Directory Federation Services
• Quest Recovery Manager
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of general IT infrastructure technology, systems and management processes
• Identity protocols, including LDAP, SAML, Kerberos, OAuth, RADIUS
• Federation of identity services, multi-factor authentication and SSO
• AD Security best practices, AD hardening guides / tools
• GxP, SOX and other regulations affecting Pharma industry•Degree or relevant equivalent experience
•6+ years of experience working with Active Directory
•Experience supporting a globally spanned (international) environment
•Understanding of IT security standards
•Fluent (spoken and written) in English, any additional language is a plus
•Working within a service based organization with a customer facing role
•Excellent written and verbal communications; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate IAM concepts to technical as well as nontechnical audiences.
•Excellent understanding and knowledge of general IT infrastructure technology, systems and management processes
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Los Angeles, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Los Angeles
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago