Associate Director Animal Health Manufacturing FP&A job in DeSoto
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
Responsible for providing timely and effective management reporting and financial analysis for US assigned sites. Supports Global Animal Health Manufacturing (GAHM) Financial and Operating Management in meeting financial objectives through the development of Forecasts, Budget, and 5 year Strategic Plans in addition to reporting and analysis of Actual performance. Meets regularly with Site Leadership Teams to review financial assessments, results and forecast. Act as key contact and liaison for regional analysis, as well as provide resource for improvement and maintain standardization.
Act as finance support and business partner to the sites in the US region and the wider Large Molecule manufacturing network, this would include:
• Regular financial performance updates, analysis and insight, including liaising with site leadership to ensure results are understood and acted upon
• Responsible for preparing and analyzing monthly operating results, financial forecasts and other reports. Individual must have the ability to analyze, select and summarize this information for comment while meeting reporting deadlines.
• Construction of financial forecasts and budgets in partnership with the site leadership teams, this would include both capital and P&L forecasts
• Be a key collaborator in the construction of business cases affected the sites and regions, demonstrating an understanding of the business and key value drivers. This will include large scale greenfield investment analysis, new technologies, capacity expansion and productivity goals.
• Act as trusted member of the overall team (both finance and business) and to be relied upon to provide proactive business advice to ensure sound financial performance
• Develops and recommends new and/or improved methods, plans, policies and changes in present practices for the purpose of accumulating, reporting and controlling. This includes searching out opportunities and ideas for improved performance through analysis of financial and measurement data.
To provide support to the regional director and team for standardized analysis, in addition to looking at improvement opportunities, these could include:
• Capital coordinator; ensuring that capital forecasts are understood and submitted in a timely fashion
• Siting / COGS support. Provide support on regional sitings and COGS analysis
• Look for improvement in standard FP&A processes (reporting, forecast and budget), working with regional support and systems team to help realize solutions
• Provide support resource to regional FP&A when required
• Performs special assignments on an ad hoc basis. Projects would vary in nature and draw upon the knowledge and experience of the incumbent to be creative in solving problems/questions, which may have significant impact on the global AH business. These assignments include NPV and other analyses in support of the strategies while working across functions.
• Working Capital Management
• Coordination and review of working capital initiatives from the region
• Cooperating with Country accounting/COSI/Business Service Centers
Ensure compliance and internal control integrity
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Bachlors Degree in Accounting/Finance or MBA
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Knowledge of US GAAP
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in multinational Companies
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• the ability to interpret internal/ external business challenges and best practices to recommend improvements to financial processes or services;
• the ability to solves complex problems and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions;
• the ability to work independently with multiple Sites and Site managers, with guidance in only the most complex situations;
• have experience of project accounting and management;
• to act as a resource for colleagues across multiple financial areas;
• SAP knowledge (Finance modules) and Microsoft Office
• Ability to build strong relationships within and across functions with proven ability to influence senior levels of plant management.
• Innovative and strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
- Computational Biologist / Bioinformatics Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge
- AS&T Principle Analyst (ASPEX) Novartis Pharmaceuticals Fort Worth
- Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge