Director, Cattle Marketing job in DeSoto
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Director, Cattle Marketing develops and executes comprehensive short and long-term marketing strategies for the US Livestock Business Unit. The Director will be responsible for the Merck Animal Health Cattle product portfolio and management of the operational budget, business plan and organizational objectives. This position is located at the MAH Livestock headquarters in De Soto, KS.
The Director, Cattle Marketing leads a team of direct and indirect reports to successfully execute marketing strategies to achieve annual financial targets. The incumbent coaches, mentors, and develops team members to maximize their talent and ensure a high-performing marketing team. The Director collaborates cross-functionally with internal and external business partners and key stakeholders to communicate plans and strategies, manage tactical execution, and ensure alignment across the business.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Develop annual marketing and business plans that align with organizational goals and objectives, aiming to achieve sales growth, profit margins and market share targets.
• Lead, manage, and develop direct and indirect team members to increase talent, marketing expertise, and drive performance; participate in the recruiting and selection of industry-leading talent to build a high-performing team; proactively shape culture to develop highly aligned, motivated marketing team.
• Ensures consistency within the global marketing framework for key global brands.
• Lead the marketing team in developing marketing programs that position MAH products and brands within the US Cattle market. Work with senior leadership to develop strategies and opportunities for market positioning.
• Manage product portfolio to maximize long-term sales and profit; develop and execute portfolio strategy to build long-term brand health.
• Achieve financial obligations and targets based on annual business plans; work with marketing team to develop and implement all advertising and promotional spend for the US Livestock business.
• Provide accurate and reliable forecasting to MMD to ensure an uninterrupted supply of products to customers. Provide monthly oversight to management and marketing team of product inventory levels and liaise with MMD to address any production issues that could create an excess or lack of inventory.
• Work with Global Business Development to identify product opportunities beyond existing product lines. Build relationships within the industry to develop business opportunities to enhance product portfolios.
• Conduct budget planning and engage in forecast management activities; develop and communicate financial reports internally.
• Present to senior management and key stakeholders marketing plans, programs, performance, success stories, and other key insights.
• Partner and communicate with Sales, Distribution partners and other key stakeholders to ensure that objectives, tactics, and long-term strategies are aligned and executed appropriately to achieve business goals.
• Interact with customers, key stakeholders and distribution partners to respond to inquiries, requests, and related issues.
• Share best practices and organizational learnings with the broader team and company-wide, where appropriate. Requirements:
• A Bachelor's Degree.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of marketing experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years of people management experience.
• In-depth knowledge of the cattle market, cattle products and competitive environment.
• Broad marketing experience successfully using various media channels such as print, radio, digital, PR, and/or social media.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• A Master's Degree and/or Master's of Business Administration.
• Sales and marketing experience in both beef and dairy cattle segments.
• Knowledge of the following markets and experiences preferred: vaccines, parasiticides, implants, and anti-infectives.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.