Sr. Equipment Engineer job in West Point
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
As a member of the Engineering, Maintenance, & Utility Department, is responsible for improving asset reliability and manufacturing capacity by providing technical support in the field on engineering resolution of manufacturing mechanical or automation problems, processes in compliance with GMP, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Reports to the Associate Director, Engineering, Maintenance, & Utilities, working with independent judgment and minimal supervision, and serving in the Manager's absence as delegated.
• Uses technical knowledge to support manufacturing area goals, assuring the efficient operation of variety of processing equipment. Areas of responsibility include:
• Preventive/predictive maintenance processes and precision maintenance.
• Root cause failure analysis to prevent recurrence.
• Technical liaison for capital projects and development of the area's capital plan.
• Process/equipment change control.
• Quality deviation investigations
• Ensures equipment is maintained in accordance with all cGMP, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering B.S. or in an Engineering Technology related field
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Minimum of six (6) years of manufacturing experience or technical support group or equivalent.
• Proficient in the following competencies: empowering leadership, flexibility, motivation, teamwork/collaboration, problem-solving, communication, and computer skills.
• Knowledge and expertise in the application of engineering standards (i.e. ASME, IEEE, NFPA, CFR 1910, NIST, and/or ANSI).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Working Knowledge of cGMP for pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis
• Knowledge in reliability engineering (including asset life cycle management), Computerized Management Maintenance Systems (SAP), and CMRP certification desired.
• Experience with a variety of equipment, including, but not limited to lyophilization, tanks, and pumps
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement