Sr. Automation and Maintenance Production Technician (M-F 2nd shift) job in Elkhorn
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Requisition ID: MAN005271|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
This position is directly involved in the overall maintenance, inspection and repair of highly technical equipment in an Industrial/Production environment. This position partners with business leaders to ensure production equipment needs are optimized. Safety requirements are strongly enforced; this individual must be attentive to his/her own safety and the safety of others in the workplace.
• Electrical - Troubleshooting, repair and installation of electrical equipment and systems
• Working knowledge and experience in automation, vision systems, PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and HMIs (human machine interfaces)
• Mechanical - Repair and installation of pumps, gear drives, equipment and preventative maintenance
• Utilities - Power and physical plant maintenance of steam, air, water, fuels, electrical, industrial gases, HVAC, lighting, alarms, building instrumentation, and BMS
• Refrigeration, HVAC - Basic troubleshooting and repair of both standard and ultra low temperature refrigeration, lypholization equipment
• Packaging/Filling - Provide repair and maintenance of mechanized, electrical and automated equipment Qualifications
Education Minimum Requirement :
• High school diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills :
• Technical or trade school training in electrical/automation controls.
• Ability to work independently, communicate status and deficiencies.
• Maintain computerized records using current maintenance software.
• Interact with colleagues, customers and vendors.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Associates Degree with experience in electrical, PLC/Automation Controls
• Knowledge of freeze drying product through Lyophilization, and high speed automation.
• Working knowledge and experience in a maintenance manufacturing environment.
• Experience with Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S.
• Experience in SAP and inventory control.
• Experience with Maximo (electronic record keeping system)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 2nd
Company Trade Name: Merck