Utility Mechanic job in Monroe
|Employer:|| Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA|
|State:||North Carolina (NC)|
Glenmark is actively seeking an Utility Mechanic to join the growing team in Monroe, NC. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the general and critical utilities equipment at the site, as well as perform the necessary maintenance to ensure the equipment operates as expected, and mitigate the risk of unplanned down time. The candidate will work on mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic components and systems. Under general supervision and/or independently identifies, prevents and solve technical problems related to assigned equipment and area.
The candidate will complete preventive maintenance, repairs, and routine sanitization and passivation for the Monroe critical utility systems in accordance with company standard operating procedures, equipment manuals, and current industry regulations and practices in the U.S.A. and the state of North Carolina. Must be familiar with gas fired boilers, HVAC (chillers, air handler units, hot water systems), purified water systems, Water For Injection stills, compressed air systems, and nitrogen systems. Initiates, coordinates, and completes the required change control process for critical utility systems. Coordinates, tracks, and develops utility technicians and contractors working in the group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining equipment and safeguarding tools to reduce maintenance costs and operational downtime costs.
- Initiates, conducts, and records assembly, set-up, dis-assembly, cleaning, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairs on utility and clean system equipment and mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic components associated with those equipment.
- Takes ownership for operational and maintenance status of utility and clean system equipment.
- Suggests and tests approved improvements to equipment, procedures and systems.
- Associate or Technical degree, diploma or certificate from a community college, or technical institute in industrial maintenance or utility systems operations.
- Minimum of eight (8) year's recent and relevant experience as a utility technician, boiler/Physical Plant Operator or team leader in pharmaceutical or hospital environments.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient and functional speech and written fluency with English language.
- Knowledge and skill in maintenance of assembly, set-up, dis-assembly, cleaning, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairs on pharmaceutical utility equipment and mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic components and systems.