Project Manager job in Monroe
|Employer:|| Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA|
|State:||North Carolina (NC)|
Glenmark is actively seeking a Project Manager to join the growing team in Monroe, NC. This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Analytical and Microbiology Laboratories to support project and operational business needs. This role will be defined in part by specific activities related to laboratory operational success such as:
- Creation and improvement of current project management systems
- Clear definition of project objectives
- Continuous project monitoring to ensure updates are clearly communicated
- Creation and implementation of risk mitigation strategies to ensure project timelines are kept on-track
- External vendor management for contract testing services
This position is directly responsible for engagement of key, cross-functional stakeholders within the organization to ensure site level, operational success. To drive success, this role will play a key role in decisions and policies with respect to: staffing, safety, quality, marketing and business development.
- Minimum of a B.S. / B.A. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Pharmacy, Pharm D, Chemistry or related discipline is required
- M.S in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences/Industrial Pharmacy, or Engineering strongly preferred
- MBA preferred
- Project Management certification (PMP or IPMA) preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in the pharmaceutical production industry preferable with distinct experience in Project Management/Coordination, product development, and/or lab management/coordination
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Technical services or related sub discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with project management and/or technology transfer efforts
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Moderate proficiency in Visio and Project applications desired
- Experience with a statistical modeling software package is strongly desired.
- Mastery of concepts, principles and methods to solve difficult or unusual systemic problems characterized by their level of importance and impact to the company. Formulates logical and objective conclusions recognizing alternatives and their implications.
- Ability to develop new ways of administering business and lead unprecedented projects
- Provides cost-benefit analyses to substantiate decisions in product selection.
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies, procedures, and persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- Ability to make presentations to various groups and customers.
- Skills in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports, policies and procedures, and general office communications.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers. Strong organizational, communication and project management skills
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature under the stress of frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Skills in setting priorities accurately to reflect the relative importance of the job in a timely manner.
- Innovative skills in organizing materials, information, people in a systematic way to optimize efficiently and minimize duplication of efforts.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to organize objectives, delegate responsibilities, train, evaluates subordinates effectiveness and administers necessary discipline.
- Working knowledge of Lab Management a must
- The work area involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions required working around warehouse equipment and machinery.
- Requires use of personal protective equipment in designated areas that may include masks, gowns, safety footwear, and eye protection.
- Work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
- Must exercise extreme safety and precaution at all times in all designated cGMP areas in the facility.