Manager, Accouting job in Cranbury
|Employer:|| Amicus Therapeutics|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
The Manager of Accounting will report to the Senior Manager of Finance and will be responsible for facilitating and reviewing the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closes, including journal entry approval, account reconciliations, flux analysis and consolidations. The Manager will also assist in maintaining an effective and efficient control environment ensuring SOX compliance. This position will oversee a staff of two accountants and be expected to provide leadership, accounting guidance, and development opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with an attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Candidate must also have a strong understanding of US GAAP.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead the accounting staff and oversee day to day functions including accounting activities.
• Review and approve journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations prepared by accounting team.
• Manage the corporate consolidations process, including involvement with elimination entries and intercompany reconciliations.
• Assist in the enhancement and maintenance of internal controls and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Assist in coordinating the year-end audit and quarterly reviews with auditors.
• Exhibit a high level of understanding and competency utilizing the Company's ERP system.
• Maintain, document and ensure compliance with all Sarbanes Oxley controls over financial reporting, accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
• Track key metrics to the close in order to drive the evolution of the accounting process and timeline.
• Assist in documentation of global processes/policy design, development of procedure manuals and standard operating procedures
• Collaborate with International Finance teams regarding close schedule and audit request.
• Demonstrate Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate findings into actionable solutions and recommendations.
• Work as a member of project team to implement process improvements and automation projects