Associate Safety Data Scientist job in Lake County
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Global Pharmacovigilance (PV) department at AbbVie is dynamic and evolving. Our pharmacovigilance staff identifies, investigates, mitigates and communicates drug safety issues from molecule to market. Technology and integrated systems provide the opportunity for AbbVie to implement proactive, data-driven and science-based approaches to pharmacovigilance. We also focus on assessing risks in the context of a product's benefits, and our teams work collaboratively and strategically with colleagues in other disciplines to achieve this goal. Cross-functional collaboration within AbbVie and its external partners in terms of people, process, and systems achieve a truly proactive approach to patient safety.
• Responsible for surveillance activities for compounds in clinical development and for postmarketed products, including signal detection through review of data from multiple sources, including clinical trial and PV databases, and the literature.
• Maintains the strategy for surveillance activities and recommends revisions to the monitoring plan, as needed.
• Key contributor to signal assessment and ad hoc regulatory safety requests by analyzing data from the clinical trial and global safety database as well as literature and utilizing clinical judgement to determine the impact of the safety issue on the product's benefit/risk profile.
• Communicates findings of surveillance activities and safety assessments to a variety of audiences, including the Product Safety Team (PST) and management, to inform on necessary risk minimization activities, including label changes.
• Works closely with the PST Lead physicians to develop strategies and approaches for routine and ad hoc safety deliverables.
• Contributes to the strategy, authoring and review of global safety reports (PSURs/PBRERs, ACOs, DSURs, PADERs in accordance with regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures.
• Supports various process improvement initiatives for both Safety Data Sciences (including qualitative and quantitative approaches for signal detection) and PPS overall.
• Supports the preparation and maintenance of safety sections of the Clinical Protocols, Clinical Study Reports as well as the Company Core Data Sheet and Risk Management Plan
• Contributes to safety activities between PST and internal and external partners, represents Safety (Safety Data Sciences) in internal and external cross-functional settings.
• Health science degree (e.g., PharmD, RN)
• 2-3 years of related work experience. Preference given to applicants with experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Understanding of the drug development lifecycle, from clinical development through post-approval.
• Ability to utilize clinical judgement and interpret medical safety data to assess safety issues within the context of the product's benefit/risk profile
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience working in a cross-functional environment
• Experience manipulating/understanding large and complex data sets
• Experience integrating data from multiple sources to answer specific questions
• Basic Project Management skills and Microsoft WORD and EXCEL skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)