About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI's) short and long-term planning, Finance and Operations works closely with teams across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Provide holistic, insight- driven consultation to all levels of internal stakeholders via portfolio-level and key brand analysis that drives evidence-based strategic and tactical organizational decisions. Provides support to all levels of brand and sales management, as well as other functional areas via key brand business analysis across Hemophilia, Growth Hormone and other BioPharm brands. Provides secondary/business analysis leadership, coordination and integration to assist in the development and implementation of business plans for Novo Nordisk products in alignment with its goals and ambitions. Helps marketing, sales and/or market access develop a strategic vision via brand specific and in-depth brand and/or portfolio analyses and insights. Develop innovative solutions to complex, unstructured problems with minimal guidance.
This position reports to Associate Director of BioPharm Insights. Internal relationships include extensive interaction with the BIopharm Marketing teams, Sales, Finance, Managed Markets, Pricing and Contracting, Global, Extended Brand Teams (EBT), Data Management and IT. Works with available support staff that would assist in the project execution and management of specific analytic projects. External relationships include interactions with outside consultants.
In-Depth Secondary/Business Analyses
- Manages national and sub-national analyses of business through collaboration with field teams and brand marketing (BRDs/HTMs, DMAs/AEs)
- Independently leads the development and design of key lines of investigation via custom analysis and assessments utilizing relevant data sources
- Develops recommendations via presentations with clear storylines to communicate key conclusions and actionable recommendations through formal and informal channels
- Develops innovative solutions to unstructured, complex problems; recommendations have significant impact on company (time, people, budget) resources and may affect ability to achieve company goals
- Effectively presents analysis results to appropriate audiences and successfully facilitates during workshops
- Initiates and maintains continuous process improvements and ensures analytical alignment with data management personnel
- Supports the planning and operational process enhancements through field and marketing collaboration to identify business opportunities and mitigate challenges
Collaboration and Communication
- Informs strategic data and reporting needs for growth hormone and haemophilia portfolio
- Manages key projects to enhance and evolve analytical and reporting capabilities for improved insights generation
- Manage strategic initiatives to address trends and dynamics in marketing access and regional sales areas
- Identify and communicate to Regional sales, Market Access, and Marketing leadership with respect to key long-term trends
- Identify, develop and implement best practices in the execution of regional sales business plans, and drive improvements and insights to uncover regional business initiatives
- Develops and sustains relationships with key analytic stakeholders including Data Management, Field Force Effectiveness, and Managed Markets Analytics, Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR), etc.
- Demonstrates command of business issues by identifying and driving opportunities via independent analysis and timely responses to project requests
- Successfully positions role as consultant to key stakeholders (Marketing and Field) by staying connected to evolving business issues and decision support needs
Market Research Support
- Take important roles in the development and support of Biopharm Market Access and Sales business priorities
- Assist with market research projects as required
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Engineering, Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional relevant experience required (marketing/business/sales/Return on Investment (ROI) analytics, project management, strategy, consulting) Ability to work across functions, partnering with the brand, sales and other groups within Novo Nordisk
- Advanced degree may be substituted for years of experience as appropriate
- Demonstrates ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines, and provide recommendations that will assist in the development of commercial priorities
- Excellent writing, presentation, project management and influencing skills required
- Experience with secondary industry sources is required; fundamental understanding of primary market research a plus
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills required - Ability to solve complex, unstructured problems; able to see big picture from scattered pieces of information and present complex and disparate data in a clear and concise manner; must have an ability to see beyond the confines of data to broader business issues
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, and database experience required
- Works independently - Gathers input about needs from stakeholders and sets own direction accordingly
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58825BR
Job Category: Finance