About the Department |
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc.'s (NNI's) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we're looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position represents Novo Nordisk, Inc. (NNI) to large community hospitals and other institutional settings as defined. This position has a goal of maximizing sales and positioning NNI as a leader in the hemophilia care market, within an assigned territory. The Hemophilia Institutional Account Manager (HIAM) must achieve sales goals by successfully selling and promoting NNI's hemophilia products to key physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care professionals who make or are involved in purchasing, prescribing, and formulary decisions. This position also evaluates and recommends the most appropriate NNI product and approved usage for the customers' needs.
Externally, the HIAM maintains relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key personnel in large community hospitals and other institutional settings as defined. As approved, the HIAM may also assist local hemophilia sales personnel with specific initiatives focused on local community hospitals or other institutional settings within guidelines. Internally, the HIAM reports to the Hemophilia BioPharm Regional Director (HBRD) of the specific sales territory. The HIAM also interacts on a regular basis with other field-based employees covering the same geographic areas.
- Achieves predetermined sales goals according to company and department requirements
- Analyzes bidding policies/contracts in order to influence formulary status
- Promotional activities with discharge planners and implementation of programs for continued use of NNI's products following discharge
- Determines which individuals have greatest impact to sales and develop customized communication techniques to create lasting business relationships
- Prudently controls company property consistent with applicable company policies and procedures and legal obligations
- Utilizes discretionary budget for maximum impact on sales
- Analyzes and establishes order of calls and routes that maximize opportunities to increase sales
- Analyzes impact of managed care in the territory and its effect on prescribing decisions, and modify sales and promotion strategies
- Communicates activity in the territory by completing monthly reports and other reports as appropriate
- Contributes to meetings, conventions, training programs, and displays
- Coordinates and implements special marketing and other programs and special projects
- Effectively distributes product samples in sales territory
- Manages time and tasks to achieve maximum customer effect and sales volume
- Recommends sales and marketing strategies based on evaluation of customer needs, dynamics, trends, and competitors' products or services
- Records call notes, including sufficient detail to ensure that notes will be maximally useful for sales calls in the future
- Understands market dynamics and healthcare economics (e.g., impact of health reform)
- Works with the NNI Sales/Marketing departments to most effectively take advantage of marketing materials and product information
- Maintains knowledge of the most recent clinical studies to inform customers and address questions, concerns, and objections to the use of NNI's products
- Will work with C-suite, P&T committees
- Anticipates and respond to customers' objections, problems, and concerns
- Describes and markets NNI's hemophilia products, emphasizing their features, benefits, and which products are best suited for specific patient profiles or circumstances
- Evaluates the needs of customers and increase sales of NNI's products by tailoring the approach for each call on each customer
- Informs hospital faculty, attending physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacy personnel, and other health care providers about the use of NNI's hemophilia, including the approved uses and advantages of NNI's products for their patients
- Leverages available sales and marketing resources to sell and promote NNI's products, including selecting the best resources to use on each call
- Participates in company-sponsored and/or company-approved training programs to constantly improve knowledge of NNI's products, competitive products, and sales and promotional skills
- Recognizes and counter resistance to prescribing NNI's products
- Understands and reacts to the customer environment by deciding upon appropriate messages to achieve maximum results on every sales call
20-30% overnight travel required.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device or healthcare industries is required
- Recent sales experience in a healthcare system, hospital or institutional setting required
- Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with senior level audiences (i.e. C-suite and P&T committees)
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making ability
- Expert knowledge of hemophilia disease state is preferred
- An aptitude for learning and communicating technical and scientific product and disease management information required
- Ability to facilitate trust and understanding
- Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel and iPad platform)
- Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options and make decisions on your own with minimal supervision
- Prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software preferred
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58841BR
Job Category: Sales