Senior Clinical Veterinarian job in South San Francisco
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|City:||South San Francisco|
Requisition ID: LAB000917|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck's world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics. Located within the heart of the Bay area's biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck's powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
The Senior Clinical Veterinarian, under minimal direction and supervision provides clinical care, surgical support and preventative medicine programs for all species; consultation and collaboration with investigative staff for development of innovative translational models that impact drug development and discovery and improve human health; development and training of technical staff.
• Provides clinical veterinary care consistent with professional standards and assures compliance with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines for animal care and use.
• Independently plan, organize and direct the health care and maintenance of research animals and provide leadership and technical expertise to staff
• Uses technical and scientific expertise to plan, conduct and summarize complex nonclinical studies and projects and prepare and distribute Operating Procedures (SOPs), regulatory guidance's (GXPs), safety guidance's and company policies and procedures.
• Determines possible solutions to difficult technical issues and, after consultation with the appropriate staff implements these solutions.
• Uses judgment to identify and solve problems of moderate complexity
• Collaborates with peers within and outside of the department
• Independently balances multiple projects
• Train directly or manage training program for training research staff in humane methods animal care including but not limited to:
• Surgery and restraint of animals, as well as the proper use of anesthetics and analgesics.
• Will collaboratively contribute to research study design, data interpretation and presentation of conclusions and recommendations.
• Required: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD) from an accredited program or a certificate of equivalent training accepted by the AVMA
• Minimum of (2) years' experience in an industry or academic setting
• ACLAM Board eligible/Board certified
• Completion of a residence program in laboratory animal medicine
• Advanced degree (MS, PhD)
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Laboratory Animal Vet (D.V.M.)
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck